When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TG V2 Ceramic

lanikai

or is it covered by "sapphire crystal" like the Cousteau's wood sticker?

nope, no saphire crystal on the back

here's my suggestion to all dealers/makers:

why not make/build a version that combines the pros of the V1 and V2 without the cons?

if i could do it, i would use the V2's case, dial, crown, pushers and strap (better TG engraving + more accurate dial + better strap + better color of on the crwon and pushers)

combined with the backcase and the crystal of the V1 (better engraving on the backcase + better AR on the crystal)

now that would be a super-rep!!

i guess its easier said than done huh?!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good question. I have never looked at the back (and I have tried on the gen :bangin:) . Is it a sticker on the rep or the gen? I have encountered that with one other watch I can't remember and I ended up spraying a light coat of a sealer to preserve it. The funny thing is that it turned out that the sticker on the gen actually did fade so I had made it less accurate.

Good idea mate. What kinda sealant did you use?

But do you like it? That is ultimately what matters... Unless you bought it for your wife...

Mate, the wife doesn't much interfere with my hobby and knows I spend thousands of $$ on it. However the deal is, if she doesn't like anything on my wrist, then I respect her judgement and decision on this. In the past as well have sold many watches because of this. I can keep the watch and sleep on the couch. Go figure :p

Mine arrived yesterday, reasonably pleased.

Sadly the movement is not up to much, when I press the chrono start button the big hand moves very choppy, stalling then jumping forward. If you leave it for 60 seconds you can see it goes round to the full 60, but I have no faith in the movement. Currently dealer is brushing me off...

Shame as its a lovely watch, only other downsides are what others have mentioned, poor ar, yellowish dial due to glass and lastly badly spread lume on hands.