When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TG V2 Ceramic

lanikai

I cannot make a direct comparison, unlike Lani, who has both the V1 & V2 now. ;)

Mine came in too... and all i can say is that i'm absolutely smitten by this V2! Love the slightly textured dial, crisp day/date printing, sharp Top Gun logo engraving... Damn, i just love this watch! :wub:

Some crap wristies..

IMAG0076_TGwristshot.jpg

IMAG0077_TGwristshot.jpg

IMAG0083_TGwristshot.jpg

Please excuse my crap pdaphone-cam pics... :p

I'm glad that i hit the jackpot on my very first IWC...though as what Lani has mentioned, a trip to chief for the crystal & relume would complete this beauty... :D

And Lani, your macros are as always, AMAZING.... :notworthy:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Coolfire .. you keep saying crappy.. but if you didn't state that your wristis were from your mobile cam.. no one would know.. B)

how do ya like that strap.. the others btw are stiff and don't fit well.. this one is sooo soft. !!

ceramic.png

Live strong and Wear it Well CF !!

@ElisiX ... it should fit .. snuggly but the extra mm is not that big a deal..

@Samu .. thanks buddy !!!.. we'll wait for your wristi.. with the Ceramic..

A~C

L

Man Coolfire .. you keep saying crappy.. but if you didn't state that your wristis were from your mobile cam.. no one would know.. B)

how do ya like that strap.. the others btw are stiff and don't fit well.. this one is sooo soft. !!

ceramic.png

Live strong and Wear it Well CF !!

@ElisiX ... it should fit .. snuggly but the extra mm is not that big a deal..

@Samu .. thanks buddy !!!.. we'll wait for your wristi.. with the Ceramic..

A~C

L

You are too kind, my friend... :p Thanks for improving my wristy! :good:

TBH, i actually like the strap alot..been wearing it for like 2 days, and it has already molded to my wrist! Unless one is fussy ( i'm not, btw), a gen strap isn't really necessary...and the thing i have come to realised about IWC Pilot cases are that i believe they put alot of thought & effort into designing them...as they fit so well look so great on the wrist, imho... ;)

Would you be led to believe that this so-called V2 case is full ceramic as well, mate?

...And wear yours in great health too!

As a heads up

the V1 is being marketed as the more correct version.. and is being sold at a reduced price.. This is not the most accurate version !!

to my knowledge Perfect Clones and Trustywatchguy are the 2 dealers wihth the V2 from the maker of the Carrera ..

so be careful in your selection B)

Check with Joshua or Andrew ~ ... to be sure before ordering..

L

As a heads up

the V1 is being marketed as the more correct version.. and is being sold at a reduced price.. This is not the most accurate version !!

to my knowledge Perfect Clones and Trustywatchguy are the 2 dealers wihth the V2 from the maker of the Carrera ..

so be careful in your selection B)

Check with Joshua or Andrew ~ ... to be sure before ordering..

L

I thought Angus had this as well?

Coolfire: who did you order yours from, if not J&A?

Great review!

I've been hanging around RWG waiting to see this. I do like the photographs. Thanks for sharing, the engraving is better on V2 as is the strap, and to these eyes the dial overall on V1 is better, but there are faults on both maker's efforts.

One thing though, I am a little surprised about your comments about the Concentric Rings (which look like they have been lifted from a Moonwatch) on the subdials, as detailed in your pics:

the concentric rings have been detailed .. sharper actually.. as has the sub rings on the 12 and 6 .. it morphs more grey in direct lighting..

iwctgv2004.jpg

iwctgv2005.jpg

Should they be there at all? I say that because from evverything I've seen Genuine Watch does not appear to have any concentric rings, here's a couple of pretty detailed pair of pics of two different gens:

406gen3789subdial.jpg

406gen3789subdial2.jpg

I dunno if that's a fair comment, as to the naked eye the rings on V2 will be invisible, but thought I'd mention it.

Well, at least we'll know in the future which one is which on the sales boards.

Thanks for sharing again.

Mitton

Chronus.. just make sure your getting what your ordering :)

I always double-check with the dealer beforehand :D

Well, unless it's J, I don't think he likes me!

I have to get out of this rep game :wounded1:

Edited by Chronus

Great review!

I've been hanging around RWG waiting to see this. I do like the photographs. Thanks for sharing, the engraving is better on V2 as is the strap, and to these eyes the dial overall on V1 is better, but there are faults on both maker's efforts.

One thing though, I am a little surprised about your comments about the Concentric Rings (which look like they have been lifted from a Moonwatch) on the subdials, as detailed in your pics:

Should they be there at all? I say that because from evverything I've seen Genuine Watch does not appear to have any concentric rings, here's a couple of pretty detailed pair of pics of two different gens:

406gen3789subdial2.jpg

I dunno if that's a fair comment, as to the naked eye the rings on V2 will be invisible, but thought I'd mention it.

Well, at least we'll know in the future which one is which on the sales boards.

Thanks for sharing again.

Mitton

just my $0.02 worth, look very carefully at the right pic of the minute counter subdial, near where the "10" font is, the concentric rings are indeed present. I guess they are faint & require light to reflect off them to be seen. and I believe Lani's previous gen TG pics show the concentric rings. ;)

I have never owned either. I did see another member's V1 and I have seen the gen at a local AD. IMHO, the first version just looked like a screaming fake. From the marker slabs on the dial which look like someone pasted a brick on the dial (same problem with most 3717's but that is fixable) and more importantly a crown (which is the first thing you see on a watch as it peaks out of your shirt sleeve) which is obviously SS and much lighter. On the gen the ti melds into the darker case. Anyone who has ever seen the gen would instantly know. And the top gun logo on the side of V1 also looked horrible. No rep watch is perfect but based on all the pics I would certainly go with the V2. And yeah, I will probably buy this one and it will be one of very few. Thanks to Lani and everyone for all their comments. This loop has taken me off the fence. It will be my first non-franken rep since the blacksteel. :)

I have never owned either. I did see another member's V1 and I have seen the gen at a local AD. IMHO, the first version just looked like a screaming fake. From the marker slabs on the dial which look like someone pasted a brick on the dial (same problem with most 3717's but that is fixable) and more importantly a crown (which is the first thing you see on a watch as it peaks out of your shirt sleeve) which is obviously SS and much lighter. On the gen the ti melds into the darker case. Anyone who has ever seen the gen would instantly know. And the top gun logo on the side of V1 also looked horrible. No rep watch is perfect but based on all the pics I would certainly go with the V2. And yeah, I will probably buy this one and it will be one of very few. Thanks to Lani and everyone for all their comments. This loop has taken me off the fence. It will be my first non-franken rep since the blacksteel. :)

I do not own a 3717 or TG V1, but based on wonderful pics posted in the IWC subforum, I'd say the lume markers on this V2 is ever more subtle as compared with the V1 & 3717, where one is able to see clearly the "attachments" underneath (if that makes sense :p ) the markers.

Oh yes, get a gen movt from concepta & you'll have another franken, my friend! :D

I have to agree that V2 is a better version. I have seen several pictures of gen. Their AR is not that spectacular. They all seem to have some reflections (blue hue) both indoor and outdoor. Question to the people who handle a gen IWC, how is the gen AR coating in real life? Thanks