When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Monaco 24 Concept Rep

redwatch

The Monaco 24 Concept has been posted on Josh's site. It's a nice looking watch, but from the pics I have seen online of the gen, the subdials are completely wrong and the case is polished SS instead of black.

Either way, it's still a sharp looking piece.

Check it out here

Hey wait a minute... are the subdials actually that much off?

Gen:

tag_monaco_24_concept.jpg

Rep:

1.jpg

I'm just wondering about that orange stripe... it looks plain yellow on the gen. Or perhaps there are other versions too?

Edit: Funny... you posted the gen pic at the same time.

Either way... this looks like a damn sharp Monaco. At least it's a huge step up from the old 21J / quartz cheapies.

Caseback:

7.jpg

Edit2: WTF? "SAPPHIR CRYTAL" on the rotor? :blink:

man..... they should be working on reping PAM 312 instead of dicking around with monacos...that thing just looks all wrong IMHO

we still cant get an accurate Monaco which came out god knows how long ago yet they decide to rep this?!?!?!? wtf are they thinking?!?!?

trying to find an accurate Monaco rep is what got me to this forum...and i am not the only one...

man..... they should be working on reping PAM 312 instead of dicking around with monacos...that thing just looks all wrong IMHO

Yeah cause there isn't enough PAM reps on the market already, what are they thinking of when they could be putting out another identical watch to the other 300!?!?!

I'm told the colours are a good bit off, or on depending on how you look at it, the rep sounds to have the Gulf colours which I'm led to believe this was supposed to have as gen, but the polished SS compared to the black case is a huge mistake!!

Really good to see them trying to get a proper Monaco out there though!!

Edit: My reader just picked up on your 2nd edit there By-Tor, so the case colour isn't the only big mistake then huh?!? lol

Sixx :bones:

Really good to see them trying to get a proper Monaco out there though!!

they might be trying but failing to say the least....why would you attempt to rep something if you can't even rep a simpler McQueen Monaco?

that Monaco 24 is FUGLY as a GEN but they took it to the whole new level with this poor attempt :frusty::cc_hang::shock:

Edit: My reader just picked up on your 2nd edit there By-Tor, so the case colour isn't the only big mistake then huh?!? lol

Yeah... it's like "oops they did it again", etc. :bangin:

they might be trying but failing to say the least....why would you attempt to rep something if you can't even rep a simpler McQueen Monaco?

that Monaco 24 is FUGLY as a GEN but they took it to the whole new level with this poor attempt :frusty::cc_hang::shock:

Hey PVD, I can't actually see it mate, I have someone describing it too me. I just can't believe they keep making the same mistakes time and again!! So fugly? I don't know, but it sure has a mess of mistakes on it thats for sure!!

There was another new Monaco coming out that had the board pretty devided as to the looks of it. They angled the square face, if that makes sense, basically, from what I can make out, it sounded like they kinda squished the face a bit to give it a more futuristic look I guess?

Sixx :bones:

I wouldn't be that negative.

For all these years people have been waiting for an automatic Monaco rep with working chronos. Now it looks like we got one (which is a good start).

I'm sure people would be able to forgive a lot of things but writing "SAPPHIR CRYTAL" on the rotor is a bit much.

im just saying they should be directing their resources/ effort towards McQueen / Automatic Monacos....not this POS concept

one thing would be if they got the dial and everything 1:1 on this 24 but man they totally screwed it up....what was the point? lets see how much flaws we can get away with?!?!?

For all these years people have been waiting for an automatic Monaco rep with working chronos. Now it looks like we got one (which is a good start).

I'm sure people would be able to forgive a lot of things but writing "SAPPHIR CRYTAL" on the rotor is a bit much.

Is it just me, or does this look like a quartz movement? Or am I missing something??

I would, very negative in fact.

It's not an auto either, clearly evident from the BATTERY in the photo.

picture33.png

Not even close to the gen movt in appearance either - this is what my c.36 looks like 'naked'...

picture32.png

Face it, it's just another crappy quartz attempt at repping a crappy-looking gen - a concept no less, so practically a fantasy watch.

Further evidence that makers give not the slightest crap about this 'community' as these will no doubt sell bucketloads to the great uneducated/unwashed out there.

Is there any confusion that this is a quartz? It is.

Movement: Japanese OS 20 Working Chronograph Quartz Movement

Why on earth would a factory think this would outsell a decent faced blue monaco?

Its so off it looks like a fantasy watch to me. Youd spot that as a rep across a room. Atleast this might full someone from a distance:

TAG-013.jpg

But that doesn't mean its not rubbish. :(