When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mid Week Wrist Check

vlydog

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The abuse modification of my project sub continues :tu: Those of a delicate nature might like to look away now :lol:

DSCN1536.jpg

DSCN1537.jpg

[Edit to add]

Since making this post, I've removed the bezel and re-installed the original, as I felt it was starting to look 'too modern'. Really need to get myself a nice MY coin-edge bezel :)

The Mystery's a fantastic looking watch :good:

Thank you.

I often wonder how it might look with indices laser-etched into the underside of the crystal :g:

Terrible. The beauty of the Mystery is its use of white space - large areas of blank or solid color space that allows the viewer's eye to rest while focusing its attention on the main design component/s.

Thank you.

Terrible. The beauty of the Mystery is its use of white space - large areas of blank or solid color space that allows the viewer's eye to rest while focusing its attention on the main design component/s.

That's true, I guess it certainly is a very minimalist design :) I think if I were to acquire one, I'd only use it as an 'occasional/formal wear' watch, as the last time I had a watch without indices, I found it quite awkward to use for time-keeping, as I prefer the 'reference points' of the indices, a bit like I'm not too keen on the GMT PAMs which don't actually feature the 24 hour markings. I guess I still need the basics, rather than the more 'advanced user' features :)

On another note, even though I reversed the modification and re-installed the original bezel, I'm really pleased with the actual procedure itself, as the bezel came off with just a twist from a pocket knife. Probably too tight to pull off with bare fingertips, but certainly not a removal which could result in damage to the case, bezel or the click-spring going flying :D Mission accomplished : B)

That's looking really nice, bro :good:

Thanks, Dude!

Thursday - In honor of HikeUSA!... :drinks:

aerospace3.jpg

You're definitely making me jealous! Looks a lot better than when I had it!

woo! lightsaber lume

Thanks R!

Friday: Ubidor that kicks Ass

DSCN3037.jpg

K,

I love this shot of the Ubidor. It looks like you caught a nice sunset.

I am going to watch the stars come up with an old friend.

watches055.jpg

Very funny Vdog......I guess that is a shot at the fact that I didn't get my 3717 in trade.......good one :D

Very funny Vdog......I guess that is a shot at the fact that I didn't get my 3717 in trade.......good one :D

Sorry K,

I wasn't taking a shot at all. But in hind sight it probably was a bit inconsiderate. My apologies.