When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor fans, check out this Freshly serviced Sub with New to me dial

Justasgood

Heh... That last pic... Looks like whoever serviced it didn't do a great job in seating that retaining ring...

I wonder what else they did half assed?

:rofl: I hadn't looked that closely.......what a Noob.

Engravings look real fresh for such a worn overpolished case hmmmmmm

I swear, I believe the crew here at RWG know more than most "Purists"

I know Mark (seller). I've done business with him in the past. Great guy, honest seller, and decent product for the price.

That watch was either serviced by the RSC or by an AD with a parts account. Classic RSC replacement dial and hands (same as the 79190 issed dial). As for the retaining ring, my 9411 which was serviced at the Sydney RSC in May also had the crystal retainer not fully pressed down. When I popped the bezel it came off. I just pressed it back on with no issues.

I personally wouldn't touch the 76100 with replacement dial and hands for that price. It loses its character if the lollipop hour hand isn't on it anymore. That is what distinguishes the 76100 transistion piece from the later serial 9411 (which used the same dial but the mercedes hand) and the later 79090 which used the Mercedes hour hand but same dial as the 76100.