When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 16610... Done (finally).

ubiquitous

• 3 months later...

TWG is Andrew, trustywatchguy. This was a 21j dial which I'm thinking predates the noob dial. Nowdays a noob dial with eta and TW Best case would do the same thing for you. Plus, of course, the crown and tube, mod the cg's and a gen insert. Noob bracelet is also great- hollow mid links.

Beautiful watch ubi, next time you decide to sell anything, contact me first!

Thanks alligoat. Just got my wm9 sub and making sure before I send it to The Zigmeister I don't foget anything. Here is my list. Not sure about cyplos mag? Anyone know about the wm9 crystal?

What are my best options with the wm9 and the bezel without going poor buying a gen?

CGs still needs trimming but less is needed

- crown still not high enough but can't ask for this and want a economical price

- bad dial. Get a noob dial.

- bad datewheel overlay. Get a noob datewheel overlay.

- bad bracelet, SELs have wrong shapes. Get a noob bracelet.

- bad pearl

- bad cyclop

- poor teeth cuts, cutting into the bezel lip like the current MBW.

Edited by kevin300z

What are my best options with the wm9 and the bezel without going poor buying a gen?

CGs still needs trimming but less is needed

- crown still not high enough but can't ask for this and want a economical price

- bad dial. Get a noob dial.

- bad datewheel overlay. Get a noob datewheel overlay.

- bad bracelet, SELs have wrong shapes. Get a noob bracelet.

- bad pearl

- bad cyclop

- poor teeth cuts, cutting into the bezel lip like the current MBW.

You've pretty much answered your own question. If you can't find a genuine insert, a www.watchmaterial.com pearl is a good option. I don't think the cyclops is that big an issue- Rolex date mag isn't as large as most people seem to think. As for the bezel teeth, you're probably stuck. WM9 has a more correct bezel assembly- closest to the gen, but can a gen assembly be swapped in there- who knows and finding gen parts isn't that easy for most of us.

Crown position will always be wrong with the rep makers using the 2836 movt. You can file/shave the back side of the bezel insert to make it sit lower in the bezel and thereby elevating the crystal profile a little and improving the insert to bezel look.

Gen crown and tube mods are good, but I don't recall the WM9 crown being that bad- it's not oversized like the noob crown.

And don't forget- these are still reps! You can get close, but it's still a rep.