When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dear Admin, I know you are busy!

As I told you previously; I cannot find anything wrong with your account. You should be able to log in just fine with your e-mail; bonnys***@***.de and the assigned password.

Thanks for answering...but I as written, I cannot login. I have tried various PC's and with none it works....have you been able to login with the new password? Can I have an other one? Merci!

Thanks for answering...but I as written, I cannot login. I have tried various PC's and with none it works....have you been able to login with the new password? Can I have an other one? Merci!

Are you trying to ing in via rwg.cc if so try logging in via rwgforum.com

Firstly,

Try using your email address, and use the forgotten password link, to have a new PW issued.

If that doesn't work, then there is a problem with your email addy.

For all those who have logged in and come back to the login page....just press "cancel"

Works for me!

Offshore

Hi there!

I retrieved myself a new password for my old account, that worked....but once using it for a login, IE8 crashes! I tried this 3 times. after that I tried the same with my new account on the same PC = no issue! Changed password and here I am as the theflyingscotsman!

To me this means that there must be soemthing wrong with my old account? I cannot be the PC?

Or what do you think?

theflyingscotsman formally known as the theflyingdutchman

Edited by theflyingscotsman

Bad luck 'tfs'. I have not the computer background to help you with your predicament (other than, yes, all computers are of an evil that goes beyond design function) but can only suggest that tinkering with the lore of The Flying Dutchman has been your undoing. Hailing the ship or the mere sighting of said same is a portent of doom.

One such sighting was by Prince George of Wales in 1880. He was on a three-year voyage with his tutor Mssr.Dalton aboard the 4,000-tonne corvette Bacchante. Off Australia, between Melbourne and Sydney, Dalton records:

"At 4 a.m. the Flying Dutchman crossed our bows. A strange red light as of a phantom ship all aglow, in the midst of which light the masts, spars, and sails of a brig 200 yards distant stood out in strong relief as she came up on the port bow, where also the officer of the watch from the bridge clearly saw her, as did the quarterdeck midshipman, who was sent forward at once to the forecastle; but on arriving there was no vestige nor any sign whatever of any material ship was to be seen either near or right away to the horizon, the night being clear and the sea calm. Thirteen persons altogether saw her...At 10.45 a.m. the ordinary seaman who had this morning reported the Flying Dutchman fell from the foretopmast crosstrees on to the topgallant forecastle and was smashed to atoms."

In light of the fate of that ordinary seaman, I suppose a 'login error' would be 'getting off lightly'?

I shall miss your old screen name, me sailing the threads of RWG. I thought well of it, stirring the fascination in me from childhood of stories told me by my Grand Uncles who worked the fisheries out of Fraserburgh on the North Sea. And of my time crewing a long line boat off the coast of Florida working my way through university. All that time keeping my head in my work trying hard not to scan the horizon needlessly for fear of seeing that vessel.

For what it's worth, I prefer and can appreciate the more benign and colorful 'theflyingscotsman' and can only hope you do not 'sky dive' as a diversion. Be safe and good luck laddie.

Bad luck 'tfs'. I have not the computer background to help you with your predicament (other than, yes, all computers are of an evil that goes beyond design function) but can only suggest that tinkering with the lore of The Flying Dutchman has been your undoing. Hailing the ship or the mere sighting of said same is a portent of doom.

One such sighting was by Prince George of Wales in 1880. He was on a three-year voyage with his tutor Mssr.Dalton aboard the 4,000-tonne corvette Bacchante. Off Australia, between Melbourne and Sydney, Dalton records:

"At 4 a.m. the Flying Dutchman crossed our bows. A strange red light as of a phantom ship all aglow, in the midst of which light the masts, spars, and sails of a brig 200 yards distant stood out in strong relief as she came up on the port bow, where also the officer of the watch from the bridge clearly saw her, as did the quarterdeck midshipman, who was sent forward at once to the forecastle; but on arriving there was no vestige nor any sign whatever of any material ship was to be seen either near or right away to the horizon, the night being clear and the sea calm. Thirteen persons altogether saw her...At 10.45 a.m. the ordinary seaman who had this morning reported the Flying Dutchman fell from the foretopmast crosstrees on to the topgallant forecastle and was smashed to atoms."

In light of the fate of that ordinary seaman, I suppose a 'login error' would be 'getting off lightly'?

I shall miss your old screen name, me sailing the threads of RWG. I thought well of it, stirring the fascination in me from childhood of stories told me by my Grand Uncles who worked the fisheries out of Fraserburgh on the North Sea. And of my time crewing a long line boat off the coast of Florida working my way through university. All that time keeping my head in my work trying hard not to scan the horizon needlessly for fear of seeing that vessel.

For what it's worth, I prefer and can appreciate the more benign and colorful 'theflyingscotsman' and can only hope you do not 'sky dive' as a diversion. Be safe and good luck laddie.

So you are saying give up the Flyingdutchman and continue as the flyingscotsman

Edited by theflyingscotsman

"....but once using it for a login, IE8 crashes! I tried this 3 times. after that I tried the same with my new account on the same PC = no issue! Changed password and here I am as the theflyingscotsman!"

My computer freezes up too (IE8). I had saved a post about serial numbers in General Discussion in Favorites so I just click on it and it works every time...but I still can not get in through the front door.

Still can not click back on my mouse either, shows page expired.

sorry to hear for your log in problems...

I am having them as of this morning as well...each time I want to access RWG I need to log in...then the View New Content doesn't work any more...it says that there are no new posts to show...everything worked fine until this morning...

I am having them as of this morning as well...each time I want to access RWG I need to log in...then the View New Content doesn't work any more...it says that there are no new posts to show...everything worked fine until this morning...

That was the case for me as well 'dog', but has since resolved itself with regard to my browser. Try deleting your old link in your 'Favorites' cache (....www.rwg.cc.....) and navigate back to the board with the addy www.rwgforum.com and save that routing, or, the next time you are taken to the 'login' fields click on the 'RWG' icon to the left of the 'FORUMS' icon in the banner, that took me to the forum's Mainpage.

@ 'theflyingscotsman'

The berries!