When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Milgauss

silverspeed

After reading b16a2 great, as usual, review on the Rolex Milgauss and seeing his wristshot I was pleasantly surprised about the simple elegance and presence of the Milgauss.

So when I saw PWC's $99,- version over at RepGeek, wich by the looks of it had the same green tint sapphire, case and bracelet, I immediately ordered it to see if in real life it was as nice as in b16a2 review. Well today it was delivered and honestly I'm amazed at the built quality and feel of it.

I have no idea what the flaws are or how close it is to gen, as long as it's well made and feels like a quality rep it's good enough for me.

Enough talks on to the pics...

Very well polished bezel and midlinks, no worries on datefonts, datemag or crownguards....just simple beauty

IMG_3896kopie.jpg

Well made bracelet, no big gaps or sharp edges and after a little WD40 it feels smooth and pretty solid.

IMG_3898kopie.jpg

Good and clear dial prints and I must say the green sapphire looks rather good.

IMG_3899kopie.jpg

Same story with the caseback, well made engravings and the bracelet fits nice on the lugs.

IMG_3900kopie.jpg

Perhaps the real surprise for a measly $99 rep....a magnetic shield and double sealrings and again well made and anything from flimsy and nicely polished.

IMG_3902kopie.jpg

I guess this is why it's only $99 a cheap 21j movement...but I have to say the secondsweep is smooth...and as long as it runs like it's supposed to do I could care less.

IMG_3903kopie.jpg

Lume is also well done with the 3, 6 and 9 hour markers in blue

IMG_3893kopie.jpg

On the wrist

DSC02107kopie.jpg

When the light falls onto it you'll get that nice green tint

DSC02110kopie.jpg

Conclusion....? well apart from the cheap movement everything on this rep breaths quality and feels the same as let's say a $300 ~ $400 rep.

IMG_3890kopie.jpg

• Like 1

I wish mine had the blue lume. I bought mine for a little more than 99 bucks and other than the blue lume it looks very similar. I have been toying with the idea of getting it lumed with the blue but don't know if it will be worth it.

I'd say get a new one and sell the other one, the costs of the mod + plus shipping it back and forth is probably even more then $100

Amazing quality at $99. This really makes us think again where do those 500, 600 bucks reps stands - CG problem, incorrect dial fonts, poor lumes, wrong engravings, ..... never ending stories.

For the Milgauss, sad to see still there is not a good classic 6541/1019 being repped yet.

I received my Milgauss yesterday and I cant stop looking at it.

It really is a well made rep and you would like it would have cost twice as much as PWC's $99 asking price.

Since receiving it I have placed a wholesale order with PWC for a few more of his watches. Cant recommend PWC enough!

Looks like a great watch, but I have a question... Is the green film on the surface of the crystal or is it on the inside? I read a post on RG from someone who bought one of these (not sure which dealer), and the green film was peeling off because it was placed on the surface [not my photos]:

p1060300.jpg

Original thread: http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=71704

Nice blue lume though :good:

Edited by hexagram

What do you guys think of the titanium version of this watch? Has anyone here made a move and bouht one?

I was considering this - Joshua, for example, has two versions in asian and swiss movement, and what does he call swiss movement

There is no Titanium version of this watch. There's a PVD version done to the theme of the Pro-Hunter series of watches. The $99 version (or $108 as Josh has it) uses the cheap and cheerful 2813 movement. He carries an Asian 2836 or a Swiss 2836 for more. The latter being the crap shoot if he actually gets a real Swiss ETA movement or a copy and these days it seems difficult to tell which one you actually get, so many recommend just asking for the Asian version.