When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graphic Design Needed

lanikai

In my sudden leave of absence from the forum for a little over a month .. I failed to finish the details of the photo contest..

To give the bragging rights to the winners.. it was hard work that has earned them a permanant addition to their sigs..

"Best of the Best" Photog 2009

So to make this interesting and enjoy more commeraderie... I will invite all the Communities graphic artist to participate.

There were 3 divisions:

Camera phone

Novice Division

Expert Division

We need the first place Trophies for each division.

The "Runner up" for each division

And for the Expert division.. a Third Place Trophy for that sig.. since it was so highly competitve and hours of work had been put into the images.. it could of gone either of 3 ways.. imo :1a:

I'll give last call for entries on or around 8-29-2009..

so if you are a graphic artist by trade or have some hidden talent that you would like to showcase...

Bring it !!!!

membership input will be welcomed... I will announce the judges.. (as soon as I inform them :lol: )

Remember this will be attached permanantly to the members sig (if they choose to do so)

It's the passion for watches that brings us here.. as a community.. so let's see the same energy here !!!

I hope we can have some fun with this.. :good:

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

• Like 2

keeping in mind men that "2009" needs to be incorporporated ..

and the art should be small enough to fit the members sig without taking up half a page.. reworking is allowed.

and the prize will be a glorious trip for 2 to Hawaii.... as son as I save up enough for the return trip.. :yeah:

I have a very nice IWC Vintage cream dial that has not been worn.. waiting for the winning entry.. B)

A~C

Lani

remember cheering and member comments on the pieces are welcomed..

keeping in mind men that "2009" needs to be incorporporated ..

and the art should be small enough to fit the members sig without taking up half a page.. reworking is allowed.

and the prize will be a glorious trip for 2 to Hawaii.... as son as I save up enough for the return trip.. :yeah:

I have a very nice IWC Vintage cream dial that has not been worn.. waiting for the winning entry.. B)

A~C

Lani

remember cheering and member comments on the pieces are welcomed..

No problem, it won't be hard to tweak and adjust the size :)

I'm not gonna make a full set of them unless the design gets picked, because its just too much work.

1st1.jpg

Obviously, trophys and colour pallettes would differ for each place, #2 would be Silver, 3rd bronze etc

Lettering would change for each place obviously, and I'd come up with a tagline for each award. Expert #1 = "I'm the Super Shooter", Expert #2 = "Call me The View Finder". I dunno.. stuff like that.

I had a couple of other ideas too but since you are making this into a 'competition for the competition' I guess we should limit entries to 1 each. ;)

Here is my submission. I thought that an obvious color scheme should be gold, silver and bronze to denote the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. The categories are are easily identified by the camera icons. I wanted to give this thing a simple but elegant look that would be eye catching but not overpowering. Hope you like what I've come up with!

cell2609.png

expert2795.png

novice786.png

Here is my submission. I thought that an obvious color scheme should be gold, silver and bronze to denote the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. The categories are are easily identified by the camera icons. I wanted to give this thing a simple but elegant look that would be eye catching but not overpowering. Hope you like what I've come up with!

cell2609.png

expert2795.png

novice786.png

Very nice :) This gets my vote :good: