When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reputation on profile

wombat247

It means someone disagreed with something you said, so clicked on the little red minus sign at the bottom of the post. I can assure you that it was not me who did it. I found out the other day that I've got a -12 reputation thanks to the little clickers... The days of the thumbs up/thumbs down and other general 'quick response' tabs were much more constructive...

• Like 2

It means someone disagreed with something you said, so clicked on the little red minus sign at the bottom of the post. I can assure you that it was not me who did it. I found out the other day that I've got a -12 reputation thanks to the little clickers... The days of the thumbs up/thumbs down and other general 'quick response' tabs were much more constructive...

I see. Thank you. I'm going to go ahead and disregard that statistic since it's completely meaningless... that is, of course, unless everyone's goal should be to be agreeable. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than that. I thought this was a discussion forum and not an "I'm ok... you're ok" support group. I thought it had something to do with a trading reputation (which would be something valuable). Calling it a "reputation" at all with that kind of a system is completely misleading (IMHO).

In other news, I would never have suspected you anyway. I would expect you to disagree with me directly and poignantly as if we have anything about which to disagree.

I see. Thank you. I'm going to go ahead and disregard that statistic since it's completely meaningless... that is, of course, unless everyone's goal should be to be agreeable. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than that. I thought this was a discussion forum and not an "I'm ok... you're ok" support group. I thought it had something to do with a trading reputation (which would be something valuable). Calling it a "reputation" at all with that kind of a system is completely misleading (IMHO).

In other news, I would never have suspected you anyway. I would expect you to disagree with me directly and poignantly as if we have anything about which to disagree.

I agree, it is a totally meaningless statistic, and one I find could actually have serious consequences if people are trying to conduct sales, only to appear to have 'a bad reputation...'

You're quite right, it's sometimes only through differing opinions that a helpful resolution can be resolved :)

Glad to hear I wasn't 'Suspect Number One', I just didn't want you to think that I'd clicked the minus tag after posting my reply to you in the other thread :) As you say, anything can always be discussed directly :)

• Like 1

I could not agree more on both the nature and the possible consequences especially if you're a relative newcomer.

Me, I have a mere -6, I'm obviously not trying hard enough when it comes to cultivating enemies.

As for the source of that score, to whom it may concern (you know who you are)...

J'ai toujours fait une pri

If we all agreed with each other ... it would be pretty boring.. yet I find it comical that people would actually use that feature... :animal_rooster:

***as he clicks on his profile to check*** :angry:

edit to add: .. sheesh I went from a positive to a neutral 3 ... where's da love ? :rolleyes:

A~C

L

• Like 1

Holy Crap--mine's 20. I never knew that was there. Now I can sleep better and cut my blood-pressure meds in half.

;)

Many posts of half-naked girls = good reputation :D

Guess you guys with the negative reputation know what this means for you ;)

On a serious note; The reputation system and the use of it will be reviewed in a couple of months.

When someone provides GOOD advice, +1 .... when someone posts good photos of a new watch +1 .... when someone posts a tutorial +1 !!

When someone takes the time to write "Go search it, newb" -1 ~ if you took the time to write that, you could have written a proper informative answer.

Oh, and if Gio posts pics of his GFs, +infinity.

That would depend on how you use this tool. If you -1 on every post from a particular person regardless of it's content .. "griefing" them .. then that's a problem. If someone's score grows naturally as a true reflection of their own attitude and posting habit then it's perfect, isn't it?

That would depend on how you use this tool. If you -1 on every post from a particular person regardless of it's content .. "griefing" them .. then that's a problem. If someone's score grows naturally as a true reflection of their own attitude and posting habit then it's perfect, isn't it?

I'm neutral. Both in reputation and using the tool. Though I would rather have someone say "I don't agree with you" and present their argument than anonymously click a button, and it is not a tool I'd use for that very reason.