When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's Your Most Convincing Rep?

Guest watchboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a picture of a Genuine VC Malte, it is worth $22,600.00...

If I hadn't already packed my camera (moving house) I would show you my watch, but hey this picture is close enough :)

Ken

Come on Ken, don't be lazy! :p

We want some nice pics and wrist shots.

Have you ever had the opportunity to compare it with the genuine?

Having received my PO yesterday and struggled to re-size the bracelet last night I've just popped down to the local Omega AD. Unlike some others I'm not brazen or foolish enough to show this off inside the AD but I was able to carry out a simple comparison from the model in the window - and believe me, there is very very little in it at all.

My 112H is pretty good too!

106505-24894.jpg

I've got to stop staring at this thing. It looks like your tachy bezel is misaligned, ...like mine, applied about 2-3 tics rotated to the left and the internal bezel tics don't line up with the five minute marks. I wonder if the bezel is easily removed so it can be re-aligned.

Other that these little nagging flaws, the watch is beautiful . The blue dial is electric!!!!

Hmm, maybe. But here's a few genuine pics and the numbers don't line up with the 5-min marks, either.

106521-24887.jpg

106521-24888.jpg

106521-24889.jpg

Whew, agreed about the inner tics, .....what a rep!!!!!!!

The outer bezel is misaligned rather badly on mine If you use the centered split on the end link as a reference, the zero on my 60 is about 1mm to the left of it. The straight on genuine pic shous the line right down the middle of the 6 and the zero.

The following marks on the Tachy ring should correlate to the following markers on the dial:

60 = 12:00

80 = 9:00

120 = 6:00

240 = 3:00

As long as those match up, the rest will be correct.

Well, mine match up to

60=11:59

80=8:59

120=5:59

240=2:59

But you know what, I think I'll stick to a bezel Tachy ring that's flawed in this way to one that is accurately afixed but chewed up from the owner/operator doing a self repair. :)

It is absolutley GORGEOUS!!!

But the rep has subdial spacing AND size issues. I've thought about it....but just can't do it until I'm done with collecting all the 98% accurate reps first. This one's in the 90% range IMHO.

true.. have been eyeing this one for a while, yet there are a few that must come before... but this one is definately on the list.

The IWC and Panerai, however, could be worn in ADs if needed.

sorry I don't think that you could take your 196 to an AD without it being identified as a replica fast...the bezel of you case just looks very different from the real thing or earlier 196's

The IWC...yes and if you keep posting pictures you are forcing me to buy one :bangin: