When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 6263 project

marc jacobs

This is my third time build a project with yuki.

So I've decided to level up build a chrono rolex daytona 6263.

The serviced Valjioux 72 movement also come from yuki.

Complete watch look nice, i love the silver dial, simple, elegance and classic.

PIX0419.jpg

PIX0412.jpg

PIX0417.jpg

PIX0410.jpg

Man, what an awesome watch you got!!! I am new to this hobby. Is it possible to brake down the cost of such a project? Thanks.

I have never handled Yuki's 62xx Daytona cases, but the only real issue with DW's are their lack of engraved serial & model numbers between the lugs (the numbers are there, but they are laser etched, which is wrong for Rolex). The basic shape/dimensions of DW's middle case/caseback are nearly spot-on. Of course, QC is effectively non-existent, so variations do exist. :unsure:

I have never handled Yuki's 62xx Daytona cases, but the only real issue with DW's are their lack of engraved serial & model numbers between the lugs (the numbers are there, but they are laser etched, which is wrong for Rolex). The basic shape/dimensions of DW's middle case/caseback are nearly spot-on. Of course, QC is effectively non-existent, so variations do exist. :unsure:

DW can also supply engraved cases, but they cost considerably more than the laser etched ones.

It's got a Spin serviced/modded 7760 at the moment.

White PN and perf race strap would look cool for sure.

I don't think 626X's look at all sporty unless they have the exotic dials so i was trying to move it more towards vintage dressy with the lizard.

Edited by TheBluePrince

Freddy - you like it ... Me too. Unfortunately its a gen one.

I suspected as much. 8) But, having just discovered the existence of an accurate 7206 bracelet (available, as it turns out, for quite some time even though its existence was anything but common knowledge within RWG circles), I was hoping you had discovered a Newman dial of similar quality. An accurate Newman would be very welcome news since all of the aftermarket dials contain a number of mistakes, most egregious of these being the missing 'tail' on the minute totalizer's 3. This, for me, is the most telling identifier of all aftermarket dials & the 1 thing that never fails to make me wince

62392003a2__-2_tonemapped1.jpg