When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It was 8 years ago.

Stephane

everyone.. will always remember what they were doing on 9/11/2001 ..... and how it forever changed Humanity..

3000 lost souls... conspiracy theories spiraling like crazy..

If I say anything else.. I'll be crossing the line into politics ... so ..

so all I will say is we Americans have very long memories .. forgiveness may be the righteous thing......but

the more time passes .. the angrier I become!! not at any Religion or religious fanatics, nor any ethnic race.. but at the way everything was handled.

We will never forget.. the sacrifices that are still being made today..

Lani

I join you in condolences for all the people that suffered from this tragedy. As an Israeli I know what terror is. 11/9 wasn't an attack against the US, but against democracy and peace and around here we felt like it happened in our own country.

I can only hope that some day, we'll remember this day as a turning point that brought peace to this world.

Certainly the darkest day of my life, and one which cost many dearly. I lost a good friend on that day, and very nearly a cousin, but what really shook me, when talking to other friends, was how they had also lost relatives and parents. At first, it seemed strange how something on the other side of the planet could not only affect me, but also people who I knew, and it was then that I realized just how small the world really is, and how we are all connected to each other on some level.

It sickens me that the people who committed the acts claim to have have done so in the name of God. If they were truly religious, they would have understood how utterly forbidden their actions are.

A dark day indeed, all we can do, is make sure we never forget, and pray that nothing like it happens again.

May peace be upon you all.

Stephane - and others...

a nice gesture of remembrance from our international friends here...as a proud American, thanks for the recognition...

it is indeed a day of remembrance...and also a day of hope, determination and courage...

together we stand...united we live...forever remembering and never forgeting...

all the best to the families, friends, loved ones who not only suffered this tragedy, but also to the many heroes that arose to show how strong a people we are...

R-

A day never to be forgotten, for many reasons, not least the 3,000+ innocent ones who were lost!

But for a freak stroke of luck, I would have lost my parents that day! Those of you who know me know my folks are my world! They were supposed to be on the Quayside waiting for the ferry to Ellis Island that morning, but, my mother feeling the need to primp and preen her hair a bit more meant they were running late. They were staying in a hotal in Mid-Town, about 3/4 of a mile from the Towers, the first plane pretty much skimmed off the top of their hotel roof before, about 50 seconds later, pilling into the side of the first Tower! To this day and, for probably all my days, I awake in the middle of the night sweating, heart going ten to the dozen, as I arise from a nightmare of what could have been!!

I was the luckiest man alive that day, in my own selfish way, not to have lost 2 of the best people on the planet! But while I rejoice in my fortune i can never fail to shed a tear, even as I type this, for those that were not as lucky as me that day, those who lost their own world in those horrible hours!!

My prayers to all in the US and to those affected the world over, I don't feel this as just an American tragedy, but a tragedy of mankind itself!! Special thoughts to my RWG family in NY, as this will always be the epicentre of focus of that vile day!!

Sixx

interesting the inconnection with many of us here of the Towers and the tragedy...

April school break of 2001, we took the kids (at that time, 10, 8, 6) to NY -- somewhere i have pix of the kids with the Towers and Manhattan skyland in the background -- enroute to Ellis Island to visit the Statue of Liberty and to locate the remembrance of my Dad and grandparents who came to the USA via Bavaria/Germany when my Dad was 6...

even though it was tough for children to understand "hate" in this world, we sat the kids down together and watched the coverage on TV that night...trying our best to explain, what is truly unexplainable...

R-

Great photos Hike.

I have a video I shot in september 1998 from the very bottom to the top...very slowly...

@Stephane, much oblige! And thanks for posting this! Is there a way you could post and share that video? I

would love to see it and get your permission to save a copy of it if I can!

Hike

@Stephane, much oblige! And thanks for posting this! Is there a way you could post and share that video? I

would love to see it and get your permission to save a copy of it if I can!

Hike

Sure I can try that Hike!

Give me a few hours to find the MPEG file and to figure out how I can edit the film.

I suppose I can attach it to PMs or eMails.

BUT pls do not expect a professional level ;-)

I was using a video for 2 years only...

And you know, I already said that, but I think we all are potential New Yorkers...

No other city in the world has such a multi cultural community!