When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Must Be Out Of My Mind But, Pauls $119 Lv...pretty Good Looking

crystalcranium

Am I delerious or is this "cheaper than cheap" ETA rep one of the better looking LV dials and bezels out there?

Genuine Dial

106598-24874.jpg

Pauls LV Dial

106598-24875.jpg

It seems to have the spacing right, the pearl is close. The print font is a little bold but we've seen some pretty striking variations in the genuines. Marker wraps are a tiny bit thick but not a killer.

I think with a new crown, this could be the one! With just $119 invested, some upgrades wouldn't be a bank breaker and this one is as close as any I have seen "out of the box" including the heavily promoted and upgraded ultimates.

For the price, no doubt that is very nice.

Incredible..

And Paul takes Paypal now so no WU transfer fees and free shipping. The $119 is a true $119. I know his customer service is characterized by some as "you bought it, you're stuck with it" but for these prices, who the hell can resist?

And Paul takes Paypal now so no WU transfer fees and free shipping. The $119 is a true $119. I know his customer service is characterized by some as "you bought it, you're stuck with it" but for these prices, who the hell can resist?

Have you tried to order via paypal?

Have you tried to order via paypal?

No, not yet. Are there problems associated with it????

Edit: Ahhh, just went to the site and attempted to order. Main page says Paypal accepted but monerbookers and WU are still the only two options available through the payment selector.

Edited by crystalcranium

No, not yet. Are there problems associated with it????

If you try to checkout the only options available will be WU/Mb. I presume that the option of paypal is a copy/paste from his older site where this was written - but not an option (they just didn't bother removing it).

If you try to checkout the only options available will be WU/Mb. I presume that the option of paypal is a copy/paste from his older site where this was written - but not an option (they just didn't bother removing it).

I just went back to the site and I can't find the Paypal statement although I'm sure I saw it earlier. I just tried to order through Mb and upload cash to my account using my debit card and BOOM!!! Frozen out of my moneybookers account and left only with wire transfer options which are going to cost me $20+ I guess the semi free ride at Pauls is something of an illusion. This is a $145 watch. Still a great buy though.

I just went back to the site and I can't find the Paypal statement although I'm sure I saw it earlier. I just tried to order through Mb and upload cash to my account using my debit card and BOOM!!! Frozen out of my moneybookers account and left only with wire transfer options which are going to cost me $20+ I guess the semi free ride at Pauls is something of an illusion. This is a $145 watch. Still a great buy though.

They reaaaad heeeere *said with an eerie voice* ;) ... indeed it is a great buy for that price!

Sad to hear about moneyboogers :(

hi

yes i can say this is a very nice item plus eta to boot!

at this price point i also gave some as gifts to my little cousins and nephews =)

the pearl is the best part. i have had everyones sub and this pearl IMHO has been the best!

j

The pearl is exceptional, keep it out of salt water though. The watch can take it, but the salt water is hard on the pearl!!!

http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...roducts_id=1144

His "perfect" submariner looks like a better deal as it is right now, since its on sale for 129.

Wow...beautiful crown. That's a rare, crisply machined detail you do not find on many sub reps. This one has the rarer dial printing though. My search has been for the dial with the more common spacing between Oyster Perpetual Date. Might be worth a second look though. Hey, these are cheap enough, I can buy both and switch the crowns!!!!!! Someone please stop me!!!

iv always said it pual has the best prices on the net for eta models :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I got the new Sub plus the '04 model (about a year ago) as well. The older model has better date wheel, but the newer one has better everything else - pearl, CGs, correct holo. But for some explicable reason the crown is oversized and much taller than on '04 model. I think its because of the new model having more correct CGs (more space between them) than the '04 they had to come with a better fitiing crown even though way too tall....

Man, you just can't go wrong at those prices, even if you have to add in $10 or $20 for WU or wire chgs. I got a vintage 5513 from Paul this week and I was modding the cg's and noticed that the o-rings had been siliconed. The only weak link in the 16610 would be the case tube, but if you change that out, and put on a gen crown, this ought to be a fully waterproof watch. Heck, Paul already advertises it as such. These reps just keep getting better!

I'll second Shasta's comments on the crown. I got what I believe to be the same generation of watch from EL a few weeks ago. The crown is taller and I thought the date mag was a bit weak to be honest. The CGs on mine are still off...they seem to look better in the dealer's pictures..they all shoot lots of pics with the crown open. As far as I can tell, they have been moved off the crown, but are still a bit too curved, so they visually pinch in a bit much where the crown meets the case. It's with Joe for a trimming. I'm not obsessed with the dial, but I thought it was quite nice.

Again, that's from EL not Paul.

Edited by alt.watch.obsessive

the $119 one seemed to have better date font (thicker), the $129 one seemed to have a thinner date font. I think the difference between the two, and the $119 seemed to have the old CG, but the pearl looks better in my opinion than the $129 one, and the rehaut seemed to be the same for the two. But if what Paul says it's true, that the $129 have been sent in for service, then it would be a great value. but hey, who would really take Paul's words here?

.... but hey, who would really take Paul's words here?

Me...

5 flawless recent transactions via bank wire transfer, 5 Subs (TT Blue, TT Black, SS Black, 2 LV) TT subs with full gold end links and SS subs the one he has called as ultimate....

Very happy with Chris or paul...Whatever..

John

the $119 one seemed to have better date font (thicker), the $129 one seemed to have a thinner date font. I think the difference between the two, and the $119 seemed to have the old CG, but the pearl looks better in my opinion than the $129 one, and the rehaut seemed to be the same for the two. But if what Paul says it's true, that the $129 have been sent in for service, then it would be a great value. but hey, who would really take Paul's words here?

It could be just a simple water-proof test.

Wow...beautiful crown. That's a rare, crisply machined detail you do not find on many sub reps. This one has the rarer dial printing though. My search has been for the dial with the more common spacing between Oyster Perpetual Date. Might be worth a second look though. Hey, these are cheap enough, I can buy both and switch the crowns!!!!!! Someone please stop me!!!

OK...you guys convinced me to play Wo-Mart Roulette... I ordered both, & will swap the dials and crowns then sell a super crazy sale so called "less-than-perfect but cheap" version to someone who is not insanely anal retentive like me. Even if I decide to throw on an OEM insert I'll be in it for way less than an MBW when all is said and done.

One question--when pauls says "deep rehuat" on his "so called perfect" version is he being accurate? It looks maybe slightly better than previous CN versions but not as nice as the TW bests. What do you all think?

OK...you guys convinced me to play Wo-Mart Roulette... I ordered both, & will swap the dials and crowns then sell a super crazy sale so called "less-than-perfect but cheap" version to someone who is not insanely anal retentive like me. Even if I decide to throw on an OEM insert I'll be in it for way less than an MBW when all is said and done.

One question--when pauls says "deep rehuat" on his "so called perfect" version is he being accurate? It looks maybe slightly better than previous CN versions but not as nice as the TW bests. What do you all think?

it's very tempting i must admit...

Just for the record, my last two transactions w/ Paul have been better than perfect. On the first one, a marker fell off of a Day-Date in shipping and he sent a replacement dial N/C. On the second one, he sent me an extra dial for another different watch project for $8!

Paul's biggest liability is the shippers, the last package arrived DHL and it looked like they had played football with it. The box was smashed but the watch was OK, thank goodness.