When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

U1 is out!

chrgod

Looks ok. :)

I prefer the Sinn U2 though, like the sword hands, GMT-complication and busier dial.

The gen U1 is 44mm wide, 14.35mm thick and uses the ETA 2824-2. The design of the hands and hour markers on the U1 is said to mimic a head-on view of a submarine.

It is quite cool that both Sinn-replicas have replicated the green "Viton o-ring" of the gens. Viton o-rings are better, but also a bit cheaper than the Nitril o-rings normally used in watches. :)

There is a great comparison of the Sinn U1 and U2 available from the Watch Time Print Archive, just search for Sinn.

U1 at Perfect Clones

2.jpg

7.jpg

Just wanted to post the same thing...

Looks good to me, seems they got seconds hand right in first attempt on this one.

I wonder what the movement will be (hi/low beat).

How do you mean hi/low beat ? It is ETA or Asian 2824, just like gen, 28800 anyhow.

regards

Does it use the tegimented U-boat steel and a caseful of argon gas with the capsule to display that it's completely dry? Scratch that, the last 2 are on the U2. And this watch will need great AR too :tu:

Just wanted to post the same thing...

Looks good to me, seems they got seconds hand right in first attempt on this one.

How do you mean hi/low beat ? It is ETA or Asian 2824, just like gen, 28800 anyhow.

regards

And there I show my complete ignorance of movements still :blush: lol

The only thing missing is the Steel braclet.I saw a Gen Sinn U1 On Bracelet and it was beautiful. Most guys can pull off wearing this Rep without being "called out". For instance I have a Rolex Deep Sea (Replica). My Brother in law is wealthy(SNOB) and has MANY $$$ Gens. He took one look and knew My Rolex was a REP. I then compaired my REP Rolex to his GEN Rolex and could not see much difference in quality. He then said the Rep looks great but he knows that I am cheap( True Hee Hee ) and that my wife would kill me if i were to get a GEN since i am on a limited budget. Seriously, I love the Sinn U1 and anyone seeing me wear it (that knows me) would not question it.

This is my Grail watch once the bracelt is available !

Edited by steven12345

Soon you will be able to order the Bracelet or strap separately. This way you can put the steel bracelet on the U2 you got(if you wish to ). I was told by a Dealer there are a several variation SINNS comint downt he PIKE SOOON. One is the PVD version of bothe rU2 and U1 and also a Stealth version. It reminds me of the Bell and Ross Phamtom or stealth version (not my cut of tea). I think I will wait for the bracelet to come out and buy the U1 and get it over with.

I don't think I can hold off anymore !!!

Steve

You can get a used U1 for just under 700GBP on bracelet... they pop up from time to time, and the reps will never be able to properly replicate the U-boat steel.

I wrote Josh and he said the steel bracelet may take some time. So better to order now than to wait?

You can get a used U1 for just under 700GBP on bracelet... they pop up from time to time, and the reps will never be able to properly replicate the U-boat steel.

I am in the same boat. i want the U1 NOW but want the bracelet. Many times the bracelts are offered later as a separate item. You often pay more in the long end if you order the Watch on Rubber and buy the rep bracelet latter.

After looking at all the Sinn forums for Gen and looking at the watch I feel I will wait as painful as it is. I feel the bracelet REALLY makes the watch.

As far as the finnish is concerned. The Rep has a beadblasted or brushed finnish that is not the same but really close to the Gen. I think The One Dealer offering the Solid Titanium version is worth considering (I have never delt with him (puretime I think). If the watch is Solid Titanium then the finnish will not wear off unlike Bead blasting finnish. Also the watch is pretty heavy in steel (like the Rolex Deep Sea). A Titanium version (even if the Gen isn't titanium) is not a bad idea as it will be more comfortable.

I am not sure what to do. If you look for " Sinn U1" ont he internet you can see many pics of owners of the Gen showing it off and you will be drooling over your keyboard.

Steve

I spoke to one of the Dealers and he said the Bracelet is in the works but not to hold your breath. It was fairly easy to make the changes between the U1 and U2. you can see that both cases are the same except for the printing on the back and the bezels markings. Yes the face and bezels are different but for the most part the watches are pretty close. The Bracelet is a work of art and I have tried one one. Heavy, well made and will balence the weight of the watch. I am tempted to buy the U1 on rubber and then buy the bracelet afterwards.

Steve

Oh yes, Sorry about torturing you guys with the pics in the above post but I could not help myself.

Edited by steven12345

My inlaws left so I am sane again. I think the momentum is to great for the Sinn line to storp at the U1 and U2 and the bracelets are on the way. This reminds me of the Graham line a few years ago. One watch and now there are many models in all price ranges. Look at Watch Eden. they have jap quartz models also.

Are there already quartz versions of the Sinns on the market? I could not find them at WatchEden, do you have an url? Thanks! :)

There are quartz reps of Sinns but not from our dealers and I question the quality. I saw the pictures and they were not that detailed. I plan on waiting for the bracelt to come out and see what price they want for the watch. If the price is to high I amy wait till it drops. I have found that it takes a while but the prices do drop after time.

I have so many watches right now I can stick it out. I used to be one of those guys who got bragging rights by being the first to own but now taht I have a family I am the last one.

Steve