When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Friday wrist check

lanikai

I was looking in a drawer for an old wallet, and found a plastic Submariner I picked up in Spain a few years back. I know I've just ordered a replacement black insert for this watch, but, seeing the plastic sub, I couldn't stand the bleach-stripped insert any longer, so performed a transplant :lol: It's not perfect, but, I actually quite like it... It certainly makes the watch 'feel complete' at last (even if not necessarily finished :lol: ) :) I'm now actually considering doing a little gentle vintaging work on it, and keeping this insert in place, as I really like the red quarter...

From this, earlier in the day:

IMG_0643.jpg

To this now...

IMG_0644.jpg

What do folks think?

Go for it TeeJay. Always full of good ideas! :victory::thumbsupsmileyanim::D

Thanks, R :drinks:

I was in two minds about it at first, but I really like the red quarter :) I've seen inserts sold on the Bay as 'Tudor Submariner' inserts, but with the same red/black split, as on a Coke GMT II... I'm not sure how accurate they are, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to do this, even if just temporarily, but now it's done, I'm rather liking it, and at least the insert has a little history itself, in its source :)

VC Malte Chrono - venus/seagull movement... :whistling:

R-

vcmalte1.jpg

vcmalte2.jpg

vcmalte5.jpg

Have one forsale? lol. I will have to look at it when I get home work seems to block imageshack for some reason. someone was selling an IWC Portuguese 7 days that looked really nice but I think I read about some problems with those.