When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should Mods be allowed to "play"?

lanikai

Mod's .. Play or not in Genuine Raffles  

49 members have voted

1. 1. should Mods be allowed without prejudice to participate in Gen. raffles

• Yes they should
    • No they should not

Admin has created an "automated" software system where the members register.... choose their own numbers, I verify the donation has been made and confirm thier tick .. thus entering their number "into" the system..

and once all the slots are filled (genuine raffles have a set amount of tickets, and once they are filled the software automatically chooses a number at random.. T would have to explain if you care for more detail..

All members are free to view the list and the selected winner..

for the raffles that are not limited (reps) and have a timed limit.. Admin or myself activates the software to choose a winner by a click of the mouse..

I usually have the honour of overseeing these events and in no way do I handle the money nor participate directly nor indirectly through proxy.

posting the list would be a good idea.. just for another form of validity.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

lani

Playing devils advocate, that sounds complicated. Simply posting a list of participants for all to see, then using upcoming lottery numbers would be less likely to be questioned by those basement dwellers.

I don't go over my buddys house for a poker game and expect him to sit out. Open system, all could participate. I do understand why mods responded the way they did.

I pretty much knew how the Admin Team would respond to this thread .. but it was good to post the question ..imo.. especially for questions such as these..by tomhorn..

Yup...I think most knew how the Admin Team was going to respond and that is the integrity of the Team. I also think it's important that they should know the Community believes in the honesty of the system and the people running it. Thumbs up!!

Playing devils advocate, that sounds complicated. Simply posting a list of participants for all to see, then using upcoming lottery numbers would be less likely to be questioned by those basement dwellers.

I don't go over my buddys house for a poker game and expect him to sit out. Open system, all could participate. I do understand why mods responded the way they did.

just for info.. Admin has worked to make any raffle a "no hands on" issue... you can be sure that any raffle held will be nothing but trustworthy.

L

I voted no for all the reasons stated by other team members

The raffles should be for the benefit of the members :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We should never put ourselves in a position to call the integrity of the team into question.

As a team, the only benefit we derive for our time is to see the board thrive and the sense of community develop further.

As TT says, where people gather, life happens :drinks:

I have a high degree of trust for our mods and wouldn't object to their joining the raffles, but if I were on the mod team I wouldn't participate.

Years ago, when I was in the army, I was working in my battalion's mailroom. My two colleagues organized a standard 10 x 10 grid Super Bowl pool with winners at the ends of each quarter and the game. Many soldiers put in their money and played. Well, one of my friends won for 2 quarters, and the other won for the other 2. All participants had the grid before the game started, and the whole thing was totally honest, but it did smell kind of bad.

Why not have a separate raffle for the team? In fact, I would say that as members, it would be great if we could buy them the tickets just to show our appreciation! What is the total amount of moderators and admin team? I think it would be an awesome way to contribute to the board and to show our appreciation of all the hard work you guys put into making this place the amazing community that it is. Just my 0.02

Anyone have any thoughts about my idea?

Well, there is a solution here; organize a raffle wherein the membership donates to a pool and the ticket holders are the Admin team. Whether they like it or not. I mean, the gesture of having them participate in the public raffles is out of appreciation right? I certainly wouldn't expect a two week noob who has yet to aquire a piece and experience the community and the Admin.'s efforts to be predisposed to participate, but from the seasoned members?

Yeah, I want to hang a 111h on By-Tor. :1a:

it would be nice to show some appreciation to the Team that gives freely and refuses anything in return.. :D

AC

Lani

Oh, I dunno 'Lanikai', I think they get a lot in return. Their performance and attention is directly proportional to the contributions made by the membership. Contributions that cannot be strapped to a wrist or 'banked'.

The last guy? He used to hold the raffles. And wanted a tribute watch. And made a holiday banner. And a floating 'Winnie The Pooh' skin for the Holidays. And saved us thousands on replicas. A few members sent him watches too out of gratitude. Then he was a 'liar' and a 'scammer' and a 'bastard'. Or not. Might as well have been.

Lesson learned? God says; "Give, give, give to your fellow man. But always wear a cup my son." :lol:

Why not have a separate raffle for the team? In fact, I would say that as members, it would be great if we could buy them the tickets just to show our appreciation! What is the total amount of moderators and admin team? I think it would be an awesome way to contribute to the board and to show our appreciation of all the hard work you guys put into making this place the amazing community that it is. Just my 0.02

Who would run it and collect the money?