When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Help Is Requested

chris5264

I am an experimental psychologist and am currently conducting a study on the mind of the watch enthusiast. In this study, you will be asked several questions concerning your preference for watches and your opinions on several topics. Your participation is completely anonymous. While general comments are welcome, I would ask that you hold off on comments that might bias those that have not participated. When this project is completed, I will post a link where you may read the results. This study has been approved by the research ethics committee at Slippery Rock University where I am a psychology professor. My sincere thanks for your time and to the forum for allowing me to post this. To participate in an online questionnaire, please go to

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/start.asp?sid...qo606lyhq204909

thanks,

chris,

NOTE: Please only selection responses with words next to them. For a few questions, there are responses without any text, please do not choose these. Thanks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The results of the first survey was an intersting read. I particularly liked your closing statement...

Of course these ideas are tentative and I acknowledge there are other, even

simpler hypotheses that could equally explain these findings. However, for the time being

I will consider this study and the interpretations I’ ve made a glimpse into the mind of the

watch enthusiast. If anything, it has given me a much more convincing excuse to give to

my wife why I spend so much time (and money) pursuing my fascination with these

complex works.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Chris, as what you would qualify as a left-handed ruminator interested in the organization of my own mind, I found myself obscessing over following question as I did your survey, namely:

Is Slippery Rock located anywhere near Rolling Rock?

Interesting survey, btw. Your reference to paradoxical self-reference in relation to the example of a Gödel-type question reminds me of the work done by people like R.D. Laing on double-bind (damned if you do, damned if you don't) linguistic constructions which he felt were used to drive designated victims mad ('schizophrenic'), often in family contexts. Your "...so I have to remain in silence, unable to give a true statement." speaks volumes to me, both by personal and professional experience.

But before I forget, Rolling Rock?

Is Slippery Rock located anywhere near Rolling Rock?

Unfortunately, Slippery Rock isn't near much of anything and the name is very literal, there are some slippery rocks near the campus. :g:

Many thanks to those that have participated so far, thanks for your time and comments. And again, my thanks to those that run RWG.

I know some of this seems really strange. I'll do my best to explain the ideas behind this study shorty. However, there are specific hypotheses being tested. Thanks again.

I am actually more interested in the observations (conclusions?) than the questions.. hope you will discuss those as well... :victory:

I am actually more interested in the observations (conclusions?) than the questions.. hope you will discuss those as well... :victory:

Absolutely, I will provide a detailed explanation of all data, findings and conclusions. Thanks for your interest in the project

(No promises on how I’ll work in that episode of star trek)