When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Ti 177/176's with Swan Necks for $178?

Toadtorrent

does anyone know if the rep lume on the g dial (sausage) is as weak as the rep lume on the h dial (sandwich)...i haven't seen a standard rep sausage dial, but i've seen a rep sandwich dial...

i agree this is a nice price...just wondering if the sausage dial is decent in lume and overall quality...any first hand advice is appreciated...having a bear searching this info out here with the new search...

R-

@Rman--> do you have any pix of an actual one?...do you have g or h series?...thx...R

let me see if I can get some pics for you R .. I have the black dial and brown tobacco dial both sausage and I also have the H series .. I had one of the G-relumed .. the lume is rather weak on the stock item..

AC

L

@Lani -- thanks!... :good:

my thinking is with this low a base cost for a new one, adding lume and other mods makes this attractive overall... :victory:

interesting, tho, that Rolexman says its a heavy titantium look alloy and not the usual lightweight full titanium?!...a bummer... :g:

As far as swan necks, they are very common on all the latest 6497 reps, especially display back ones.

I saw these latest ti offerings, but have heard so many members on RG say that the ti cases in the past year have been terrible. Of course I've been unable to find out what they mean by terrible, except for the JacksonTse ones (not deep enough for regular dials and movements).

I bought this one:

Notice how Josh writes: '1 piece forged case construction, solid Titanium'

edit

This are actual pics of it I made myself before I sold it:

PICT0869.jpg

PICT0878.jpg

PICT0859-1.jpg

PICT0879.jpg

PICT0889.jpg

PICT0917.jpg

PICT0904-1.jpg

And it is NOT genuine Titanium (or at least not 100% titanium). Maybe it is lighter than SS but the difference would be so small I didn't notice it. It's some sort of grey steel alloy. It's a very very nice and accurate rep none the less

It could very well be the latest release of the twins is in fact genuime titanium but I doubt it at that price which is simular to the one I bought.

I was going to remark, in a sarcastic tone, that if they've emailed that it's ti, then it must be :D I've had one of these cases and there is very little difference in weight from the SS ones. However a cheap JacksonTse ti case seems to have half the weight of its SS counterpart. Too bad it has other deficiencies. Thanks for posting the pics, by the way.

wow...nice pix...

and you're right -- its a nice piece regardless of its case content - especially for the price...kinda frustrating to deal with this "yes, it is", "no, it isn't" debate on the case -- wish the dealers would call it right?!...

curious -- of the twins, i am leaning heavily toward the g - like yours above...how is the lume on this beast?...did you take a lume shot?...i assume the dial and the hands are lumed?...does the lume between the dial and hands match?...

THANKS...R

@Dru -- that's why i posted the :huh: emoticon... we all know this all too well...

i still think - even with the "flaws" and "case-comotion" - it's a nice piece for the $s...

R-

Ah, I'm sort of in schizophrenic mode going from this site to another. If I say something negative about the cartel in the other, it is usually more trouble than it is worth. And yes, at least they're being reasonable with their pricing on this.

The version I had had the best rep lume ever. Everything glowed nice and even and it burned up like a torch if you walked from outside into the house! Off course after a minute or two the glow was gone...

I didn't take a picture as they aren't representative anyway because of iso and shutter time anomaly.

Take my word ;)