When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EuroTimez88.com > New Customer Service > Reorganisation

EuroTimez

Euro brings up a good point that buyers should understand & (all) sellers should be honest about -

Unless your rep has been pressure tested within the past 12 months by a professional watchmaker with the appropriate equipment, you should not assume your watch is waterproof. If you swim/bath/shower with an untested watch & it has not leaked, consider yourself lucky - you are living on borrowed time. And every watchmaker will tell you the same thing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made it very clear in the checklist that comes with every of our watches (eventho it's in my online policies as well). This is to protect myself as well. That is also why I can test it for them, but I nonetheless dont want to take responsiblity, how can I tell how you will wear your watch in the water, or maybe (devil advocate) you will delibertly make it wet (with crown unscrewed) and put the resonsibility on me.

That we take no responsiblity as I was getting [censored] by a few customers and treating e-mails because they swam with their watch, and it got "rusted" or claim that the movement died and was magically had a rusted dial... and upon return... we found that the client swam with it without even telling us.

Or missing parts that was "our" fault because we had to QC, example a small pearl let loose, or something else.

Well we cant QC that it could withstand a BANG (as when we received some watches back, the watch was FULL of dents/scratches/damages)

So even dealers must protect themselves... it is in my experience not just an one-sided thing, as most members look at the customer side and often forget the dealers-side

Edited by EuroTimez

Also a hard thing for (newbie) buyers to understand is, that we cannot predict the future, meaning if something brakes down in the future (altho it was perfect upon arrival) how are we suppose to QC that, or any dealer for that matter. If movement die or don't keep adequate time, I cannot forsee that. Or if glue lets loose, how can you QC glue?

I have made it very clear in the checklist that comes with every of our watches (eventho it's in my online policies as well). This is to protect myself as well. That is also why I can test it for them, but I nonetheless dont want to take responsiblity, how can I tell how you will wear your watch in the water, or maybe (devil advocate) you will delibertly make it wet (with crown unscrewed) and put the resonsibility on me.

That we take no responsiblity as I was getting [censored] by a few customers and treating e-mails because they swam with their watch, and it got "rusted" or claim that the movement died and was magically had a rusted dial... and upon return... we found that the client swam with it without even telling us.

Or missing parts that was "our" fault because we had to QC, example a small pearl let loose, or something else.

Well we cant QC that it could withstand a BANG (as when we received some watches back, the watch was FULL of dents/scratches/damages)

So even dealers must protect themselves... it is in my experience not just an one-sided thing, as most members look at the customer side and often forget the dealers-side

I quite agree.

I think that the level of watch-making skill which a buyer has must also be considered during 'complaints', as issues which one person might require to pay a watch smith to fix (such as installing new hands) another person might be able to do for them-self quite easily. For example, I recently acted as 'courier' for another member, who had their watch shipped to me, (from another dealer, not yourself) so I could forward it on to them in Europe. We had agreed that I would wrap the watch (in its bubble wrap) in gift paper, so when the watch arrived, I unpackaged it to do so, when I heard a rattling/scrape. Very carefully (and VERY aware that this was someone else's property) I removed the caseback, and found that the rotor screw was on the verge of falling out of place, and the rotor was loose. I'm no expert on movements, but given it had a metal movement retaining ring rather than a plastic one, I'm making an educated guess that it was a Swiss movement (or maybe an ETA clone). Certainly not the kind of appearance I'm used to seeing on Asian movements ;) I tightened the screw back up, re-secured the caseback, and the watch was fine (sent on its way that day, and arrived with it's owner yesterday morning) Now, I would by no means class myself as an 'expert' when it comes to watches, but I found that a very simple and quick fix to perform. For someone else, however, that might have meant the watch required a return, or needed a watch-smith to examine it, so I think the skill level certainly must be considered, as that can significantly color an issue over what is 'fixable/acceptable', or what is indeed unacceptable, and requiring of a return...

Just my .2c :)

just a thought .. but what if dealers could set repair work of minor defects (as TJ alluded to) in different regions.. such as misaligned DW,.. keyless works .. loose hands .. or to swap movements if it were defective..

such a network would bode well for the cost of shipping and return .. if you had someone in the US or EU .. you may already have this functioning .. but it's just a thought since the cost of shipping these items and the turn around is both quite consuming. B)B)

L

just a thought .. but what if dealers could set repair work of minor defects (as TJ alluded to) in different regions.. such as misaligned DW,.. keyless works .. loose hands .. or to swap movements if it were defective..

such a network would bode well for the cost of shipping and return .. if you had someone in the US or EU .. you may already have this functioning .. but it's just a thought since the cost of shipping these items and the turn around is both quite consuming. B)B)

L

L

That's a great idea, bro, awesome suggestion :):good: I can't see someone who worked directly under the dealers screwing people over on work done, such as the Rocketeer fiasco, it just wouldn't be worth their while :)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sending out the new ETA movement to replace the one in my DSSDv5. I have received the watch back from Ziggy and he's included the faulty original movement in the package. I will send this out to you, as you requested in our original conversation. Neo has provided me with the address.

Also, the Senator Sixties you special-ordered for me is beautiful; thank you for your efforts.

such a network would bode well for the cost of shipping and return .. if you had someone in the US or EU .. you may already have this functioning .. but it's just a thought since the cost of shipping these items and the turn around is both quite consuming. B) B)

L

Hi Randy, Awesome suggestion!

I would def be open to this solution, however at times it MUST go back to the source. As spare parts factories (and this the hard part) buyers dont get sometimes... they simply flat-out refuse to get you the nessecary spare=part that you need to have it fixed (they demand u bring it back to them) nomatter how small. That is not our fault, we wish to have it DONE and over with as well, just keep in mind this is not a legal western business, it's a screwd and underground (well-organized) business a whole different ball-game with different mentalities (asian mentalities), you need to know how the rules before you can play or even closely enter this world. And often we compare this rep-world with the western standards that we got accustomed to...

So in some cases we must purchase a whole new case to have a simple 'fallen' off lose spare part, replaced. Which is costly. So at times we must return it to us so we can return to the factory and they'll fix it for us (usually free of charge or at little cost).

So at times, the only solution is to send it back, the other problem is also that people working under the dealer, when things go wrong, it's the dealers are held responsible (as they work under the dealer) then it's an extra task to keep track of what the repair guy under you is doing (which you are suppose to fund etc), so it's an whole added new dimension. There it can get complications like, he said this and he said that... when it's not within your hands.... also it's hard to compete against asian labor... so keep jst alittle insights...

Edited by EuroTimez

Thanks Jkay, wish you the best... our customer support is much much improved due to my new Team... i'm very proud of them.

I together with neo in china (the source of all reps) right now now and we are catching up... the past Month we have both been working side by side to get the Customer Support re-organized.

And the last week we've been up till 6-7am in the morning working on fine-tunings... and I feel confidant that we made the nessescary steps for LONG LASTING improvements! (it's now 8.43am here, haven't slept fully yet altho I did take a nap, just excited to be back on the forum again)

Thanks again Jkay! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Planning on making now improvments how to contribute more to RWG other then posting and helping ppl out the forums...

I have sent 3 nice beatiful watches out for a review (so you know exactly what you be getting and appriciate the value of it) and then they will be raffled to the forum as well... so stay tuned. and I'm finding some way to have specials for Registered RWG members promotions... it's in the making...

Maybe I should start posting the emails on this forum, that Paolo has sent me, and that I kind of bend head over heels [b]to try to please him to have him send the stuff back to have them replaced...(as we

consider him very good customer and have supplied him quite a few times mostly MBK products and have never heard any problems ever)...but with this last order it seems that we were out of grace...we are good for nothing

the answers and excuses I got from him is that he is through with us and don't want any dealings with us anymore.. ..and I am so surprised that he is still now moaning and groaning with

the other ETZ..team members...and just totally wasting our time...it really is very suspicious that he isn't wanting to send the stuff back that we shipped him and that

Chris personally had QC it...and I wrote him that usually stuff from MBK is high quality merchandise...and rarely have flaws and that Chris always checked it thoroughly too.. His excuse was risking

customs etc..but then I wrote him to send it to a European address to save time and expensesand slight minimal customs risks and as soon as I received his defects will order Thailand to send

you a new set....on this you had nothing to answer except that you are through dealing with us...well then continue to move on and find other fantastic dealers

So Paolo we gave you plenty of chances to solve the issue...but it seems somehow you like the the forum to know how bad we have treated you...am just wondering who will be your next

dealer..who are also most of their part all doing their best to never want to scam their customers ..as that will mean loss for them as well in the end...

Hi Jkay,

thks so much for your positive and encouraging postings...let us know if there'd be anything else we can do for you..

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sending out the new ETA movement to replace the one in my DSSDv5. I have received the watch back from The Zigmeister and he's included the faulty original movement in the package. I will send this out to you, as you requested in our original conversation. Neo has provided me with the address.

Also, the Senator Sixties you special-ordered for me is beautiful; thank you for your efforts.

yes it is a great idea indeed lanikai...as long as the watch maker don't have to replace any parts than it can be done..if they are willing to do it...but it has to be simple stuff to fix..otherwise watchmakers here in the EU don't want to repair it...this is due to the difficulty in getting parts as reps that look alike when looking at it at first sight..turns out to be totally different when zooming into the details...that is why we must learn to get skilled in Quality Checks..

L

Eurotimez-Seri, Seri can you pleas edit and soften the tone of your message to Elpaulo... I posted this to you in private but I can't seem to get ahold of you on chat or online, so I must make it here.

So I have to make a clear statement as well..for the record.I do not endorse of any of my TEAM, any... to make degrading comments, nomatter if it is true, justified or not, my policies and way I wish to operate are that we respect each and every client but that at times in some occasions we need to be STIRN and FIRM, and give WARNINGS were appropiate esp if we need to set the record STRAIGHT

Altho your overal message is quite clear and well-based, no argument on that. Overal well written however, if you could please edit-out, a few words which I find too strong, "whining", "completely wasting our time" and "puke"... AGAIN nomatter what are personal opinions are, as an proffesional company I wish to deal with this professionally as much that we can and set personal feelings aside.

Nomatter how ppl treat us and how much we try and care for them sincerly, it is our job to stay above that, and first of all try to have issues resolved and discussed and if all fails then that is their loss. I also think that the community can make up their own mind if we do our best that we can, and if the client refuse to take our helping hand.

And for the record I wish to be informed if ANY of my team-members get out of line here or in e-mail.

Thanks all...

Edited by EuroTimez

Thanks Randy, I got 3 watches shipped out ready to get raffled :D sorry lanai for being gone for sooo long... I can only be thankful your receiving me back in your midst... You guys are that make this community great!

Did you know we got the 1:1 DW from mbk already vintage stuff with FLAT 3, it's in my new section... in the flash gallery you might want to have a look, also the 5517 sword-hands I got them from MBK as well... lemme know if you need anything... I guarantee will be sooo much smoother experience than in the past :)

Wish you all the best to Randy, good to see you keeping strong.

Edited by EuroTimez

Thanks Randy, I got 3 watches shipped out ready to get raffled :D sorry lanai for being gone for sooo long... I can only be thankful your receiving me back in your midst... You guys are that make this community great!

Did you know we got the 1:1 DW from mbk already vintage stuff with FLAT 3, it's in my new section... in the flash gallery you might want to have a look, also the 5517 sword-hands I got them from MBK as well... lemme know if you need anything... I guarantee will be sooo much smoother experience than in the past :)

Wish you all the best to Randy, good to see you keeping strong.

Thank you Chris.. you have always been a class act !!

YEOWWWWW ... I'll be ordering now that your back on track .. growing pains are the normal trend in anybiz.. it's persevering that counts !! .. there will always be bumps in the road.. fo sure.. it's just good to see you posting C!!

Looking forward to raffling or giving away your pieces.. thank you so much from all of us !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

...am just wondering who will be your next victim dealer..who are also just doing their best

to not scam you..as that will mean loss for them as well...

Never, ever had problems with other dealers. If you want to post emails we exchange in the last few months, no problem, I'll post too, so everything will be clear. For me, that's simply the end of our business. BTW, if you check my previous messages about you, you'll see I was always positively biased and polite about ET. Then you began to send stange stuff...And everybody can see I'm not the only one that had problems.

However, as I already told you, I'll keep my bad stuff, you'll go on with your fantastic QC and post sale service...

Dear ElePaolo

As i have been thru all the posted. Im feel so sorry about what happen from the past. As chris mention, he used to be one man show on his own business, but PLS REMEMBER!!!!!! now the reason why we create this forum because of what????? Because we want everyone to know that we have something that gonna make and change our ET to get better in term of the customer service, that why Chris have to hire us. We have learn from our mistake, but Why we still need to talk about the past? Therefore, Chris already find some solution that he will send you another end links to you or you can send us back and let Helina and myself handle with it. It's not like you havn't recieve our shipment, and we didn't do anything or we talk somthing bad about you!!! we try our best already to find you another and another solution. I didn't ask you to stop posts email or whatever you want to do, but as i mention , im a new member of ET and responsible with all about the order and customer service. I just want you to be more a little bit reasonable. If anything that we did wrong, we all sorry about that,and we all appreciate for positively biased and polite about ET. Anything that i can help, pls let me know!!!! :)

Thank you

Tom