When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex GMT Vintage. Cheap and nice

condemore

Started with the Omega moon couple of months before, and I felt like exploring some more vintage models. This is pretty nice. Asian 21J and works quite good. At Watcheden for 128$. I was doubting between this and the one with the bezel in black and red. Saddly they do not honour the "get the fourth free" offer anymore so I will stop for a while.

Enjoy the pics.

DSC_7567.jpg

DSC_7574.jpg

DSC_7583.jpg

DSC_7597.jpg

DSC_7598.jpg

DSC_7614.jpg

DSC_7655.jpg

DSC_7664.jpg

DSC_7669.jpg

DSC_7683.jpg

DSC_7685.jpg

DSC_7698.jpg

DSC_7723.jpg

DSC_7778.jpg

DSC_7848.jpg

That's slick, much nicer than my bargain-basement GMT Master II! :1a: After looking at yours I see that I need to figure out a way to polish the edge of the crystal on my last project... :g:

Wow, great photos! When I think back to the crap that Paul used to sell us (Submariner with a GMT dial on it) and then look at this, I can only go "whooooaaaaaaa..."

Nice stuff! We've come a long way, baby. :victory:

condemore, now, as alligoat said, you just need to "age" a bit. Since I realize how time consuming this process is I'll gladly wear it around my shop for a few months so it will pick up a good assortment of nicks, dings, and scratches - no charge! ;)

I had decided to quit buying for a while (I really need to quit for a while) but seeing this... They have item 31906 which is a vintage with black and red dial at idolreplicas for $108 so I think I'll get it, enlarge the lug holes and put in the proper spring bars - gettin' pumped!

This is the description:

Rolex Vintage GMT SS Black / Red Bezel With Jubilee Bracelet-Same Structure As Swiss ETA Version-High Quality

• 2 weeks later...

Yaaaay! My black/red bezel vintage GMT Master is being "processed for departure from Hong Kong" according to HK Post! I can hardly wait as I'm stocked up on drill bits and gen style spring bars!!!

• 4 weeks later...