When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Internet Access Speed

Samurai

For my lap top since I'm on the road a lot.. I use the Franklen Modem ..not the fastest but very convenient for me.

cdu680s.gif

CDU-680

CDU-680 CDMA EVDO REV A

800/1900MHz DUAL BAND

USB MODEM

For home I have the 4G Clearwire .. I don't know the line speed but it suits my purposes.. :)

bgfeature3.jpg

My Portable modem is unlimited access about 35 usd monthly

My Clearwire is 35 usd per month..

I need 24 hour access :D

Total cost 70 usd..

Honolulu, Hawaii

AC

lani

I pay about $50 a month in the North Eastern USA. It's a "premium" user subscription to Cox Internet.

I ran a SpeedTest and here are the results.

Last Result:

Download Speed: 25265 kbps - (3158.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 2327 kbps - (290.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

So it's at least 25 Megabit .. prolly 30. I forget.

It's well-known that many countries around the World have better consumer networking than the US. I don't have Fiberoptic cable coming into my house ;)

I'm also in the UK - Surrey but speeds here are good.

We're in a village location but we're lucky in that the local exchange is very close and it's ADSL2 enabled, so we've got 20mbit down, 2.5mbit up. Paying just under £20 per month (discount deal with our cellphone provider). At work it's a lot slower, around 4mbit down / 800k up (fastest we can get - it's rather out in the boonies).

i get 6.5mb dl and 1.1mb ul.costs me £7.50 a month with o2 which is one of the better isp in the uk.we are like a third world country when it comes to BB in the UK.there is fibre optic BB on offer but virgin who offer it have a policy of throttleing your line. :thumbdown:

the good thing is im not fussed about DL speed,as long as its over 3mb.its my UL thats important cos i play online games and its pretty good.my ping is low aswell. :thumbsupsmileyanim: