When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Omega Speedmasters (Won or Purchased :D)

dbutlerman

Hey guys - here is the first round of quick and dirty pictures of the Omega Speedmaster I won in the raffle...she's feeling kinda lonely so I figured I'd take some pictures of her in familiar surroundings...but I think she's looking to see some members of the family...so post some pictures of close relatives if you have 'em... :D

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0002-3.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023-1.jpg

Gorgeous watch. :) I actually prefer the display caseback version. It really shows off the finish.

Here are my previous Speedmasters. A ca 1970 Mark II (861 movement), and a "reduced Speedmaster" (chrono module stacked on a 2892). At the moment I am without any Speedmasters. :(

Mk2_wrist.jpg

Great, chunky vintage piece..

Mk2_logo1.jpg

DSC_4993.jpg

A nice watch in its own, but too small for a chrono. Also, the stacked movement has a rather bad reputation.

3510_rep_vs_gen.jpg

A replica Speedmaster reduced besides the genuine "Reduced Speedmaster". :)

I need to get the camera out. I'm actually wearing my gen Moonwatch as I type this. It's on a perforated (v. small holes) leather strap and I have a MKii sitting on my desk. The MKii is waiting to get a new bracelet, which arrived on Saturday, fitted. However, of more interest to a rep forum, I have a gen Moonwatch case & 1171 bracelet here, a 321 caseback on its way from Watchco, and a 321 dial & hands, including the special pre-moon centre secs hand, coming from Ofrei. A Tissot Seastar chrono is about to lose its Lemania movement to complete the pre-moon replica / franken. The Lemania movement is the base for the Omega 321 and essentially the same thing. The whole lot may then take a trip to The Zigmeister for a movement service and assembly, possibly adding a vintage tritium relume. I'll post pics when that is completed.

I need to get the camera out. I'm actually wearing my gen Moonwatch as I type this. It's on a perforated (v. small holes) leather strap and I have a MKii sitting on my desk. The MKii is waiting to get a new bracelet, which arrived on Saturday, fitted. However, of more interest to a rep forum, I have a gen Moonwatch case & 1171 bracelet here, a 321 caseback on its way from Watchco, and a 321 dial & hands, including the special pre-moon centre secs hand, coming from Ofrei. A Tissot Seastar chrono is about to lose its Lemania movement to complete the pre-moon replica / franken. The Lemania movement is the base for the Omega 321 and essentially the same thing. The whole lot may then take a trip to The Zigmeister for a movement service and assembly, possibly adding a vintage tritium relume. I'll post pics when that is completed.

wow. That sounds like a cool project...

Consider it savoring :) What year is that one Lani? The aging is really cool! Also what model is that bracelet? It looks like second one that TMG sent me...the clasp on the "vintage" bracelet says it is an 1171/1...has the Omega logo and "Speedmaster" written on it...very cool...it looks like the 1171 bracelet too...

Consider it savoring :) What year is that one Lani? The aging is really cool! Also what model is that bracelet? It looks like second one that TMG sent me...the clasp on the "vintage" bracelet says it is an 1171/1...has the Omega logo and "Speedmaster" written on it...very cool...it looks like the 1171 bracelet too...

My Moon is a cal. 861 around 1970 the end links are ...808 .. (same as my area code :)) I could not find any stamp on the bracelet... the clasp is stamped 1450.. the clasp may or may not have been replaced at one time..dunno..

I've purchased a few gens in the last few years. All useless and broken from new.

I'm actually picking up my "new" Alsaka tomorrow. The one i bought this time last year fell to bits and kept breaking (i only actually had it for 3/12 months, the rest of the time it was back at Omega being "repaired") so they've given me a whole new one/package. We'll see how this one goes.... I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I've purchased a few gens in the last few years. All useless and broken from new.

I'm actually picking up my "new" Alsaka tomorrow. The one i bought this time last year fell to bits and kept breaking (i only actually had it for 3/12 months, the rest of the time it was back at Omega being "repaired") so they've given me a whole new one/package. We'll see how this one goes.... I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Actually, sadly i won't be posting any pics :(

The brand new watch/box/set supplied by Omega was once again faulty. That's 6/6 brand new Speedmasters from Omega faulty from new for me now since 2002.

They are lovely watches when they work but Omega can no longer make them properly and without fault. They cannot repair them either. They are utterly useless.

If you want a Speedmaster don't whatever you do buy a new one, it will simply be a useless POS. Get a nice old vintage one instead and save yourself a lot of bother and trouble.

My AD has told me they have had 3 other cases/customers with the same experience(s) as me in the last month alone too.

Edited by TheBluePrince

Sorry to hear about your troubles BP...I hope you can get it sorted out....

Yeah, i hoped that after sending the Alaska back to Omega 3 times and them having it for 9 months in total it would be ok, but it wasn't. Then i hoped an entire new watch/package would sort it...but that was broken today too. I even bought an Apollo 40th edition in the middle of it all too...which was broken and they couldn't repair it when they said they could.

Washing my hands of them now. Never again. Sold all my Speedys (standard, Snoopy, and Cal321) to a dealer a few weeks ago as i was so disgusted with the brand. I was gonna keep the new Alaska as it would obviously appreciate in value hugely in the next few years, but even the thought of it in my safe gathering dust was too much to bear so the AD is sending me a cheque/refund tomorrow now.

The only Speedmaster i never had any bother with was my Cal321 model which was faultless and i cannot sing it's praises enough, it was a lovely watch :)