When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My worst week ever.........

hiker01

October 5 to October 11 - will go down in my Record Book as my worst week ever.......in REP Watch collecting!

It started as any normal/ordinary week, you know.....logging into RWG monday morning (every morning, actually...most of

the timwe) while having a cup of java....

reading members ramblings, diatribes and discourse about life, experiences and of course, watches....mostly!

I saw asimplefarmer's picture of his Sinn U2 on that Mondays Wristies....+ arniezacs wristie......and I said to meself "gotta have that!"

Read phoband's sad story, but with an aside mini review of the Sinn and the new UNs......and another "gotta have those!"

So the email to Josh Started and an order for three watches was placed.....as usual, smooth transaction!

SINN U2

UN White Dimpled Surf

UN RG Black Surf

and I thought...."yeah, that's should do it!"

Fast forward to Wed. Oct 7.......jmarin.72 posted a Sub FS....."maybe something to play with?" send a PM, quick response made the

deal, and now on my watch #4....transaction smooth as oil!

Thurs. Oct 8....hackr posted a cheapo MIL Sub and I thought...."hmmmmn, looks like a good project sub, let's get that!"

PM'ed the hack and with the usual cool guy that he is....shipped the watch the same day!

so....that's watch #5

Now, this is the day that Demsey is trying to break Lani's posting #s....BTW: this is also the first time I made it to the top 5 Poster in

tie with redwatch :thumbsupsmileyanim: !...so, I don't know if it was an omen or what, but it gets worst......

blackbard posted Some PAM Dials FS....and I liked one of them, so got that one (Now I need a case, movement and other misc parts to go with it

to make it a watch.....)....another excellent transaction from another stellar member!

Watch #6...counting so far???

Friday came....Oct. 9.....Login RWG....cup of jo......

SpinMaster posted a PAM113 dial.......ohhhhhhhhh....gotta get that! "Have hands for that?"....I asked the Spin....."YUP", "then its mine!"

(Now I need a case, movement and other misc parts to go with it to make it a watch.....)....another excellent transaction from another stellar member!

One of our Singaporean Posse (one of the best Posse out there, if I may say so!)

Watch #7.....

A swing of the mouse and a slight delay and......Viola, another member of the Singaporean Posse, burnz; posted a Corum Admiral's Cup Competition 48mm Titanium black dial....................now I'm really and completely out of my mind; no more rational thoughts! I had the addicts brain in full control :cry2: , beg burnz to hold it for me until I get the payment for one og my PAMs that I posted to sell (did I say that I sold some collection to finance this new bout of binge??? ahhhhh! man, am crazy....out of this world now!)....and being a nice guy that he is...."No prob!" Just love these guys from Sing.......and that's watch #8.....not over yet!!!!!

coffee break!!! back to the PC.....eyes wide (probably lookin like Dracula by now!!! and breathing hard.....I'm in pure extacy now! Nirvana? Whatever......gotta buy more watches....where the hell is the new FS post?????)....

Oh...there! redwatch have an Ebel 1911 Discovery!!! hurry hurrry hurrrrry.....get that! Now! "Hey S- I want this! What's the best you could do for me!"

.............."it's your's!" and watch #9 now part of history! Aother excellent member to deal with!!!!

Now, as I said I posted some of my collection FS and HaloArchive offered a trade for one of them with his V2 UBI/Burnz Blacksteel on Thurs and by Sat., Oct. 10; my high was wayyyyy up there.............and who could say no to a V2 Blacksteel????

that BS became watch #10! Thanks Sh-!

Hey it's not over yet.....Sunday, Oct 11...between praparing breakfast for the wife and kids and the Buzz slowly ebbing and again in RWG on the side of the kitchen counter....up Popped siesta181 ( I think I have to move to Singapore now??? I dealt with almost the whole posse except Samurai was out of the country this week?) with a PAM Carbon Fiber Dial, and since I still have some left over REP High.....I jump on that, toooo!

That will be watch #11......and happilly, the last one! Now I claim and counted all this PAM dials to be complete watches, because before the binge ended,

I ordered all the movements and cases and hands and straps to make them a complete watch! So, there!

I will post the pix of this Lunacy when I get them it.....hopefully this week~!

So what's your worst week????

Thanks for reading!

Hike

:rofl:

You are killing me with that one Hike!!! :bangin:

I don't know that I can even come close to that one. I just sold off 4 this weekend, and took one off the block. So that brings my collection down to less than the number you bought this week alone!! I figure I have a watch box that holds 15 watches and a few straps etc. Once that got full and I had watches lying around I decided that it was time to adopt Ubi's theory - "Quality over Quantity"

I think my worst week/month was the month after I joined. 9 watches in a month

I've just received my 6th new Omega since 2002 at my AD today. It was broken and faulty. Just like the other 5 were. So that's about $35,000 i've spent on new Omega's and NOT ONE of them has been any good. Fuming? Yes. Was really looking forward to picking it up today, now i'm gutted....yet again.

Also got a 5513 from VDB and my Pepsi GMT back from modding with Domi though this week so they are cheering me up a bit...

Edited by TheBluePrince

I have not counted what I have now............this is completely...utterly nuts! :bangin::bicycle:

Well F...judging from you avatar mate i can really understand you!!!with such a watchwinder i would

buy everything ticking just to place it on there and watch it :Jumpy: ....wind clockwise and counterclockwise

over and over again :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hike, thats absolutely ridiculous! You need to calm down! I think you're buying them just so you can take more beautiful pictures of them rather than wear them! :bleh:

Wanna buy my IWC Portofino?

edit: Thats a joke before I get fried by admin for trying to sell something..!

Edited by ammandel

Hike, thats absolutely ridiculous! You need to calm down! I think you're buying them just so you can take more beautiful pictures of them rather than wear them! :bleh:

Wanna buy my IWC Portofino?

edit: Thats a joke before I get fried by admin for trying to sell something..!

Hey......admin........get him! He's contributing to my addiction! :shock::angry:

:rofl::lol:

My worst week was about half of Hike's...and all because of Shtslr1's liquidation sale!! Awesome pieces...great guy to buy from. Hike...you need more watch photography posted...mmmmm...bubbles...

As soon as I get the watches.................. :whistling::bounce:

What ???? :mellow:

Sounds perfectly normal to me.. :blink:

so what's the problem?????.. I thought maybe all the exotic clubs closed down when I read you header.. :shock: ????

So is that all you ordered this week??? :yawn:.... :1a: that should keep your lens busy for a bit.. :good:

AC

Lani :thumbsupsmileyanim:

wow, Hike!... :whistling:

but damn you on the Ebel...there's no room for 2nd place in this hobby!... :black_eye:

it's an honor to be part of one of RWG's finest binges... :drinks:

R-

Sorry, my friend! An addicted mind on a binge is like a train that run out of brakes!

What ???? :mellow:

Sounds perfectly normal to me.. :blink:

so what's the problem?????.. I thought maybe all the exotic clubs closed down when I read you header.. :shock: ????

So is that all you ordered this week??? :yawn:.... :1a: that should keep your lens busy for a bit.. :good:

AC

Lani :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I know....I know! For you! Not for us mere mortals! :bicycle:

lol... holy crap!!!!!!

my worst is... well now ;)

i have three watches coming from Sead.. his new fully modded 111h, IWC 5004 with non recessed DW and an ETA milgauss GV

and just bought a DSN 217.

good thing i ran outta money lolll

Hey, with those mods, you could count them as 12! :yeah:

1 week ban for mental health reasons? To save your marriage?

Marraiage? What marriage? I was single when I ordered the darn watches!........I mean she wasn't setting next to me :blink: ?

And the winner is..........Tada :bangin: .......... :1a: The first to arrive:

From RedW........Thanks for the quick turn around Dude (this doesn't mean that the others didn't!):

The one....the only (hackr missed out on this, salivate my friend!):

ebel1911.jpg

I kept waiting for the bad part as I was reading! Sounds like a kick a$$ week to me. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You're right about the kick in the $$$ A$$$! :cry2::(

Congrats bully !!!!!

looks sweet brah :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

Thanks, Brah......!

AC

Hike