When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6263 (7750) blues and movement questions

gplracer

Well something is wrong with my DW6263 (7750) My watchmaker is looking at it now. He thinks the main spring maybe broken but he will not know until he tears the movement down. Also the little gauge for adjustment between the plus and the minus is loose. I do not know what that means. Maybe it is related to the main spring being broken. I have another 6263 (7750) with a bad movement and he should be able to take the main spring out of it. My concern on these is what to do when a part goes belly up? It appears no one has parts for the A7750. Are any of the parts on an ETA7750 interchangeable?

This leads me to another question........ This watch has asymmetrical pushers but uses a 7750. Is that a special 7750? Can an ETA 7750 be used as well? To be honest I am almost at the point of wanting to use an ETA7750 because I know can get parts for it. Suggestions?

I love my DW6263 and I just want to be able to enjoy it.

I have just read this post after replying to you in my Michael Allen thread, hence the crossed wires. Sorry to hear you are having trouble aswell, do you not have any comeback from spinmaster?

I'm afraid I can't help you on technical questions about movements but I think the questions you raise are well worth answering as an ETA powered 6263 would be a great watch IMHO. I'm sure the knowledgeable chaps across the pond (I'm in the UK) will chime in with definitive movement answers very soon.

All the best to you and I hope your watch blues evaporate very quickly.

Be strong.

I pm'd spin and I have been waiting for a reply with his address. In the meantime I have a friend who is an excellent jeweler and he works on rolex watches as well. He told me he would take a look at it. He said if it the main spring and I have one it would be an easy fix. I wonder if an eta spring would work as well. The problem wit the A7750 is what do you do when you need a part?

I have just read this post after replying to you in my Michael Allen thread, hence the crossed wires. Sorry to hear you are having trouble aswell, do you not have any comeback from spinmaster?

I'm afraid I can't help you on technical questions about movements but I think the questions you raise are well worth answering as an ETA powered 6263 would be a great watch IMHO. I'm sure the knowledgeable chaps across the pond (I'm in the UK) will chime in with definitive movement answers very soon.

All the best to you and I hope your watch blues evaporate very quickly.

Be strong.

That in a nutshell is exactly the problem with an A7750- you can't get parts unless you take them off of another movement and they happen to match. And using an eta7750 would require taking a part or two off of the A7750 to move the thirty minute counter from 12 to 3 and once again, it may or may not work.

Hopefully your watchmaker will be able to makke it work.

Sorry to sound dumb but what do you mean by the thirty minute counter?

That in a nutshell is exactly the problem with an A7750- you can't get parts unless you take them off of another movement and they happen to match. And using an eta7750 would require taking a part or two off of the A7750 to move the thirty minute counter from 12 to 3 and once again, it may or may not work.

Hopefully your watchmaker will be able to makke it work.

Can I offer a suggestion?

Since the DW6263 uses an modified A7750 to A7760...Could you not procure a Valjoux 7736 and use that instead? I've been seriously looking into a DW6263, but didn't like the thought of the modified A7750 and can't afford a V72 right now. The 7736 beats at 18,000 just like the V72 and is a true manual wind movement and I also believe that the sub-dial spacing for the 7736 would be the same as the 7750. So fitting the dial onto the 7736 shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't picked up a DW6263(7750)to try it out yet, but it is on the top of my list as a watch to buy.

Just a thought...

If the watch winds, but does not hold a charge (will not run after being wound), the mainspring may have been installed backwards in the barrel (the metal container that holds the mainspring). If you cannot wind the crown, then the crown wheel may be damaged (missing teeth or installed incorrectly).

I cannot give you a complete itemized listing, but many parts are interchangeable between the ETA & Asian 7750. The mainspring is 1 of those that are & the spring is not expensive (usually around $20). It is a good idea to replace the mainspring whenever you disassemble the movement (as your jeweler friend will do to diagnose your watch's current problem).

• 4 weeks later...

Well after 4 weeks my watchmaker decided he is not going to repair the watch. He said he did not know what parts are interchangeable with a swiss 7750. I think he does not really have the know how to work on a 7750. So the watch laid untouched for four weeks and now I am back where I started. I can send it back to Spinmaster in Singapore. I hate to send it overseas what are the chances of getting it back safely? Also, is there any other option. I am really frustrated at this point.