When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Thoughts On Who Has The Best Rolesium Yachtmaster?

watchski

Andrew sells 2 versions. For both he advertises 'The best rolesium dial' and 'Thick hour hand like genuine'.

I own the $188 YM. I don't one whether it is the best YM dial or not but it looks definitely like [censored].

Also, the hour hand (which you cannot see on the web site's pics since it is hidden by the minute hand) is very thin. It looks a bit like the rep in kjm's comparison :

108208-24602.jpg

On top of that, there were a fingerprint under the glass on mine.

Andrew didn't want to hear about that.

EDIT: Well after seeing other comparisons I think I've been unfair with TWG's YM. Here is a real pic. What do you think?

108208-24603.jpg

Edited by tag

andrew's seems to be inconsistent according to some of the posts.

what about: Kings? eddieLee's? River? Nataliee? Ruby? silix? JosNana? TTK? any of them good?

The platinum bezel reproduction will always look like [censored].

If the entire watch is supposed to be platinum it does not look so bad but when the case and bracelet are SS and the bezel is supposed to be platinum.....well it looks like [censored].

This is just a very tough watch to get right.

The platinum bezel reproduction will always look like [censored].

If the entire watch is supposed to be platinum it does not look so bad but when the case and bracelet are SS and the bezel is supposed to be platinum.....well it looks like [censored].

This is just a very tough watch to get right.

last january i got a tw best from eddie lee and it kicks ass. my bezel looks fine and the watch also has good weight. my red lettering on the dial is a little light in color so i went to my ad and looked at 3 new ones side by side. all 3 of them had different colored dials and red lettering.

really it was pitiful for 8,100.00. one dial was silver one was gray and one was a light sandy color like mine. after my trip to the ad to look at the gens i decided very quickly that you had better be very careful calling somebodys rolsium ym out as a fake because all 3 of those were very different. you would think their tolorances for the dial color would be tighter than that. i asked the sales person why they were so different and he couldn't explain and agreed that one would think the color standerd would have been closer than that.

one of them looked exactly like mine so i called it good enough.

the only thing on mine that looks bad is the holograhm on the back witch is true to tw best rolex and doesn't matter. i took mine off so i didn't care!

check with el before you make up your mind to see if he can still get these as they are the best i have seen.

quick pic of my tw best from el

108769-24436.jpg

The only problem i can really see with EL's is the hour markers look kinda small? The band is the same on all of them I assume.

Oddly enough, the pic of the EL in this picture is DIFFERENT than the one in his photobucket. Look at the "swiss made" at the bottom.

Check these pics out. The first is EL's and the Second is Ruby's..

Also, Wo-mart has one for $119 that looks pretty strong... do you think the YM that would show up at my house would be the same one he has listed?

post-2380-1156700986_thumb.jpg

post-2380-1156700998_thumb.jpg

The only problem i can really see with EL's is the hour markers look kinda small? The band is the same on all of them I assume.

Oddly enough, the pic of the EL in this picture is DIFFERENT than the one in his photobucket. Look at the "swiss made" at the bottom.

Check these pics out. The first is EL's and the Second is Ruby's..

Also, Wo-mart has one for $119 that looks pretty strong... do you think the YM that would show up at my house would be the same one he has listed?

if you want one like mine you will have to e-mail el and ask him if he can still get this watch. the pictures of it are not on his photobucket.

if you look at the markings on the dial and the date font it is by far the most accurate. the shape of the rolex crown logo, all of the fonts, the rings around the hour markers. like i said i took mine to the ad and compared it and it is close enough that nobody is going to call you out with it on your wrist. but once again it is not a cn version, it is a tw best. of the cn's you have pictured ruby's is definatly the most accurate in all aspects.

if it were me i would e-mail ruby and talk to her if el can't still get this tw version. atleast these are somethings for you to think about before you spend your money.

the best thing about ruby is she will send you a picture for your approval before she ships the watch and she will garuantee delivery. that way you know exactly what you are receiving, there are no surprizes waiting for you when you receive. she goes to the factory and inspects the watch before she accepts and then sends you the picture and waits for your acceptance before she ships.

the watch i have pictured ended up costing me about 400.00 because the first one was seized by customs and i had to pay another 50% plus shipping to get it reshiped. something to keep in mind for sure.

hope this is of some help, marc

if you want one like mine you will have to e-mail el and ask him if he can still get this watch. the pictures of it are not on his photobucket.

if you look at the markings on the dial and the date font it is by far the most accurate. the shape of the rolex crown logo, all of the fonts, the rings around the hour markers. like i said i took mine to the ad and compared it and it is close enough that nobody is going to call you out with it on your wrist. but once again it is not a cn version, it is a tw best. of the cn's you have pictured ruby's is definatly the most accurate in all aspects.

if it were me i would e-mail ruby and talk to her if el can't still get this tw version. atleast these are somethings for you to think about before you spend your money.

the best thing about ruby is she will send you a picture for your approval before she ships the watch and she will garuantee delivery. that way you know exactly what you are receiving, there are no surprizes waiting for you when you receive. she goes to the factory and inspects the watch before she accepts and then sends you the picture and waits for your acceptance before she ships.

the watch i have pictured ended up costing me about 400.00 because the first one was seized by customs and i had to pay another 50% plus shipping to get it reshiped. something to keep in mind for sure.

hope this is of some help, marc

That is a huge help.

Also, it seems that Wo-mart is based very close to Ruby. The western union is to be sent to the exact same town in china (exactly). Just a different chinese name. Ruby said she would do the one listed above for a pretty good deal but Wo-mart's at 119 is still the cheapest by far. You think i should go with Ruby or just risk it with wo mart? Once i have paid the fees with Ruby, i am getting up close to $200 unfortunately.

Looking at EL's and Ruby's... I would definitely take EL's new version over Ruby's. No bash on Ruby... But EL's is still better. Here's why...

Ruby's-

-Date mag is too strong (yes, I know...). YM's have a 2.0x date mag, as opposed to the usual 2.5x. Ruby's looks to be almost 3.0x.

-Bezel is incorrect. The inside diameter of the bezel insert is way too large, hence making the actual bezel insert thinner in width. See how the inner edge is right at the bottom of the bezel markers numbers? Compare it to gen...

-Visible crystal gasket above the rehaut.

-Bad dial printing. SWISS MADE is quite weak; YACHT-MASTER is not bold or dark enough.

-Bad CG's and bad crown.

EL's new YM just looks much better. Correct date mag, correct bezel width with the bezel markers being much more accurate. Only gripes are the dial (which can be changed, but it does have the darker YACHT-MASTER font), and the crown and CG's are no where near what the genuine looks like (but personally, I'd change those as well anyways).

To illustrate what I mean....

Here is Ruby's....

109010-24369.jpg

Here is EL's...

109010-24370.jpg

And here is genuine...

109010-24371.jpg

109010-24372.jpg

109010-24373.jpg

Looking at the pics it seems like EL's is the one to have.

Maybe one day there will be a dial with a better "ROLEX" font.

The letter "O" is too round.

And there´s too much space between the letters.

They can do it on the subs..... so let´s have it on the YM. :)

if you go with el's cn version you will have no choice but to mod it and change the dial because the only thing on that dial that is close to being correct is the red color of ym and the date wheel will also have to be changed because the font is way off. your best bet is to e-mail el and ask him about the tw version. it is the closest thing out their.

with that said this comes back to the same thing it always does. what can you live with because all of them have flaws. in my experiances wearing my ym nobody but people like us look at the crown guards. everybody that looks at mine looks at the dial so for me the tw version was the version that i could live with. i didn't want to send mine off to be modded. i just wanted to open the box and wear it and it is good enough to do that.

the ad didn't notice any of the flaws in mine and we were looking at it and 3 gens with different dial colors.

my advice? be careful of wo-mart and be prepared to wait a long time for delivery.

find one that you can live with and buy it. lol

enjoy