When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can this be considered dress watch?

playak47

Hello everyone, this is my first post but I have been reading and buy replicas...lol I am looking for a dress watch that is not too "blingy". I have been looking at the following watch for awhile. Its nice and simple but would it go well with Suit and dress shirt? I think this is very good value for a gen.

http://www.ashford.com/product_info.php?products_id=14884@Ashford&qid=

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Depends what you mean by a dress watch. Personally I think you can wear anything with a suit, just as long as you're ok with the combo yourself. Who cares what anybody else thinks anyway.

As far as "dress watch" is concerned, the term seems to mean just about anything that isn't a half pound diver's watch today, depending on who's doing the talking. If, on the other hand, you mean a dress watch in the traditional (and correct) sense, then it means a watch that is simple, lacks adornments and complications and does not in any way draw attention to itself (except the attention of watch aficionados of course. Classic examples would be Patek's Calatrava, Vacheron Constantin's Patrimony [basic model] and Jaeger LeCoultre's Master Control [basic model]), except by it's sheer elegance. Hence a chronograph cannot be a dress watch and the Hamilton you're after is definitively not one, but rather a sports watch.

My 2 farthings: if the Hamilton is the watch you really like, then get it and wear it with whatever the hell you want. If you want/need to be "correct" (in an old school kinda way), then you need to look elsewhere.

I wouldn't personally consider it as a dress watch, because it has the chronograph. I think it's a very nice watch, and would probably look good with a suit, or with jeans and a T-Shirt, but personally, I feel a dress watch should be just a dial and hands (maybe day/date) but ideally, as simple as possible :)

Welcome to the party :good:

I see your point as dress watch should be a simple dial. I had my eye on this for a while so I dont know what to do now.

Thanks Toadtorrent..I was thinking the same thing as you. Maybe a strap will change the look.

Teejay...i can see how its not dress watch but it can go well with both suit and jeans and t-shirt. I guess maybe thats the kind of watch i am looking for. Not super dress watch but something that would look classy with Suit and Tie.

Thanks Astrograph...BTW Astrograph is that Ashwaraya Rai? She would go well with any watch. :whistling: lol

I have this exact watch. Maybe it's not a "dress" watch, but it is an extremely good value. I bought it about 18 months ago and it runs less than 2 sec/day fast. I'm going to buy another Hamilton at some point. If you need one that you feel is a dress watch, there's this one: http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/webapp/en-us/collection/?c=ac&y=93

But if you like the khaki chrono, by all means get it. My wife thinks it's the best-looking watch I have.

yea i agree now that it not a dress watch. Everyone has definitely updated my image of how a dress watch should be. I like the Viewmatic too but IM still iffy. I guess it can be worn with Suit and Tie but not part of the ultra formal attire. 2 seconds a day is awesome time for a automatic. Isn't that chronometer specs? That why i really like this watch. It works with formal and sport attire. Its genuine. It is known for reliability and good movement without paying for the brand name like many other watches with authentic valjoux movement. I heard Hamilton is as good as any other luxury company because it will last for years as long as the watch is serviced.

Hello everyone, this is my first post but I have been reading and buy replicas...lol I am looking for a dress watch that is not too "blingy". I have been looking at the following watch for awhile. Its nice and simple but would it go well with Suit and dress shirt? I think this is very good value for a gen.

http://www.ashford.com/product_info.php?products_id=14884@Ashford&qid=

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Great looking watch. But not a dress watch (as most others have stated). The hamilton looks to be a Pilot inspired watch. And thus, I would never call it a dress watch. Any of the Glashuttes or Patek Phillipes fit into the dress watch category for me! I'm not a big fan of "dress" watches though.

I see your point as dress watch should be a simple dial. I had my eye on this for a while so I dont know what to do now.

Thanks Toadtorrent..I was thinking the same thing as you. Maybe a strap will change the look.

Teejay...i can see how its not dress watch but it can go well with both suit and jeans and t-shirt. I guess maybe thats the kind of watch i am looking for. Not super dress watch but something that would look classy with Suit and Tie.

Thanks Astrograph...BTW Astrograph is that Ashwaraya Rai? She would go well with any watch. :whistling: lol

Absolutely :) If you were going to have just one watch, to wear with all wardrobe variables, (and have it looking like 'a smart watch', rather than 'a tool watch') I would certainly consider that watch as fitting the criteria :):victory: