When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Breitling steelfish

Mickey Padge

I have always wanted a genuine Breitling, and the Steelfish was the main focus of my attention, in particular the light cream dial worn on a brown leather strap. When I found that I could purchase one from swisswatchesdirect over a ten month payment plan, the pull for me to purchase one was too much to resist! :D

A week after purchase, a brand new boxed steelfish arrived at my door, all in perfect order, with all papers and warranty card! :)

I am stoked, nothing beats the pure quality of a genuine watch! B)

Anyway, enough chit chat, here are a bunch of wrist shots, no pictures of the box etc, that's just not me ;)

dsc02840o.th.jpgdsc02841pb.th.jpgdsc02842qm.th.jpgdsc02843x.th.jpg

dsc02844pqb.th.jpgdsc02846t.th.jpgdsc02847p.th.jpgdsc02848v.th.jpg

dsc02849h.th.jpgdsc02850d.th.jpgdsc02851u.th.jpg

dsc02850dk.jpg

The watch has exceeded my expectations, the only other watch that has a look in for my wrist time is my WM9 Yachtmaster, if anything this genuine SFSO has made me appreciate what a stunning replica that is. Also watches like the rep Seawolf are also stunning and so well made, our rep hobby has come a long way!

Comments and observations welcome! B)

Amazing! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm aware that the replica is really good, but I'm still thinking the gen all the time. If it's a nice enough watch model... why not? Nothing beats the gen.

Yeah, I had the replica, with the same dial version, but it was not the right colour, the gen is obviously cream, not just off white like the rep. Then you have the super, super fine gloss dial print of the gen, and the different bolder font of the rehaut numerals, add that to the perfect lume and you have a winner :D

The SFSO reps are nice, with the case and crystal being exceptionally well made and accurate, but the dial let's the whole package down for me, so I knew I would only be happy with the gen of this watch ;)

I bet you are extremely elated with your latest acquisition mate! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Couldn't agree more on the quality of the gen dial...just looks much more luscious... :wub:

I am, I can't stop looking at the damn thing! :p:lol:

Here are some pictures of the replica, from a watch I sold a while ago :)

dsc02359k.th.jpgdsc02360.th.jpgdsc02361.th.jpg

dsc02362s.th.jpgdsc02369.th.jpgdsc02370t.th.jpg

dsc02359.jpg

The rep dial is off white, not cream, also the dial print is not fine enough, nor glossy finish, with the S in SuperOcean not have the curvy tail. The rehaut numeral are not bold enough either. Although this particular rep has decent lume, most are messy compared to this, and certainly very messy when compared to the gem :)

The 6, 9 and 12 are very flat on the gen, as are the hour numerals, whereas the rep version bulges out from the dial more......

The rep is very well made, the case and crystal are spot on, aside from maybe the pearl and bezel engravings, but the dial is the biggest let down, and the reason why I had to get the gen B)