When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's 1665 DRSD

lanikai

It's called marketing.. the World is full of it..every brand .. every Company

I doubt you or anyone here believes everything they read.. that's why we wait for pics and reviews.. if members find it's not what it is cracked up to be pass..simple..really..

Some of us buy reps and post pics and reviews .. so others can decide and not spend their money on reps that are less than what we thought they would be.. leave it at that .......just pass..did you buy one? .. I've bought reps that were not what I thought they were.. don't blame the dealer.... that's why you wait for the reviews.

these friggin comments are useless really.. what good do they do us ? A simple.. "I'll pass on this one".. would suffice wouldn't it??

L

i have to say i 100 % disagree with you - this is false advertising on purpose - this scammers (dealers) should be bannened from this board .... as they are @ the dark side.

cheers,

Frank

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lani, of course, I know what you mean. But, judging from the posts & questions I frequently see that reference new models, I think alot of new (& some not-so-new) members DO believe what they read. Especially, when what they are reading comes from 1 of our 'respected' Collectors. I think many noobs assume (to some degree, understandably) that if they read something on 1 of our collectors' sites, that it must have been vetted & is therefore true. Or, at least, have a basis in truth.

Your point is taken freddy.. too many times the makers intentions are what they say them to be.. but do they actually fit a genuine on to test?? these are some of the issues our hobby has (sadly).. and their mindset is to improve the rep as they go along.. (the rep trade is just this)

I see where members are coming from .. there is a lot of propaganda from the company I am contracted with, I just have to sort out the good from the bad.. human nature really..

So I end up with a rep that I will not mod.. disappointing yes,... will I attack the dealer.. no... move on..

may be a good idea for noobs to wait as the test is in the mods..we don't know until we actually attempt to mod these or send them to one of the modders for mod..that's the axis of this hobby...imo..

L

i have to say i 100 % disagree with you - this is false advertising on purpose - this scammers (dealers) should be bannened from this board .... as they are @ the dark side.

cheers,

Frank

Sorry.......... If I buy one thing that is not like stated and declared by seller,

I get it back and I ask for refund .

And till now,

I nether find one (watch rep) seller that declare one thing that is not real.

I only think , and hope that, RWG sellers or not, we got to force the sellers to not take this bud habit.

Edited by rosnik

As we all know...."one photo is a 1000 words"!!! ...and this photo was the only one missing from Joshuas description of the watch, "the plexi glass asembly". If you know that there is something wrong,you never go and take a pic of it...or mention it!! and this is the only reason i did not go for this watch....i was sure that the crystal asembly was all the way "off"....so what we have here?..a realy nice rep with a nice looking 'bling" case. So we have to see now if this watch is water proof also.....wounded1.gif

I realize the genuine retainer ring is different, but you don't think a genuine one would slide down over that crystal?

if you want to gamble get an complete aftermarked bezel assembly from ebay -

if the plexi is exchangeable with aftermarked parts - there is a chance the hole thing fits ...

cheers,

Frank

Tr4, the only way to make a more educated guess is to take some accurate measurements from your watch and then somebody could measure a gen or aftermarket ring if they had one.

Tr4, the only way to make a more educated guess is to take some accurate measurements from your watch and then somebody could measure a gen or aftermarket ring if they had one.

+1 bingo :)

Here's an eBay listing with gen, or at least same as gen, bezel assembly parts. I don't see why they wouldn't fit fine as long as the crystal size is the same as gen, which it supposedly is.

Any expert opinions??

Gen bezel assembly

that's yukiwatch - not gen - but nice ;)

Here's an eBay listing with gen, or at least same as gen, bezel assembly parts. I don't see why they wouldn't fit fine as long as the crystal size is the same as gen, which it supposedly is.

Any expert opinions??

As Star already said, that is Yuki, a good aftermarket parts seller. His bezel assy is good, but it is not made to gen specs, so the bezel may or may fit a gen insert or case & vice-versa.

Here are a couple more pictures of the new Josh/Andrew 1665 showing the crystal attachment and crystal retainer ring. The retainer ring is sitting upside down in the photo. I was attempting to show the lip on the top of it.

Can you check if this could fit? Especially the retaining ring...here the measurements from yuki's site:

The outer diameter of the bezel is 39.5 mm ,Outer diameter of the retaining ring is 36 mm, inner diameter of the retaining ring is 30 mm. Thickness of the bezel with bezel insert is 4.00mm.

Dean

So what is the consensus on these? Thumbs up or down?

I'm looking for a nice homage to the original that I can improve to near perfection over time. Am I better off dialing 800-eurotimez and getting a MBW?

Has anybody seen the milsub on the twins' site that is based on this same case? Any thoughts on that one would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

I'm not a fanatic about perfection but I think it's pretty damn good. Clean up the crown guards and vintage the bezel and dial, work on the case back a little and I think it looks great for the money. Sure it's not perfect, but it's nice solid watch for the money.

DSCN3680.jpg

SeaDweller003.jpg

SeaDweller009.jpg

Seems no reason the gen bezel assembly shouldn't work since the gen crystal fits. Currently waiting for gen spring bars to see how that works out.

Love to hear other opinions......

My $85 tre&#$watch a21j DRSD might be here tomorrow (cleared out of SF customs this morning so Wed. at the latest) and I will do a review with a lot of pix. Of course, that's about twice as much as I like to pay for something I'm gonna "practice" on but y'all are starting to be a bad influence on me... :g:

Jack, If you want the best possible modding base the MBW is the way to go in my opinion. Be sure you get a MBW that takes gen parts. I thought I read on here where some of the newer ones are not made as accurately as the ones from a year ago. I hope someone will comment on that so you have exact information. Joshua's watch is nice. It would be better in my opinion for someone who does not plan on going all out with mods and gen parts. Instead it is a great watch for someone who does not want to mod or someone who will do some light modding or someone new to the hobby.