When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It has arrived... my VDB Cali/618...

projectologist

Picked it up today and wanted to get some quick pics up to show you all what fantastic work the combo put into this piece. I decided not to wait any longer than I had to for this one to be completed, so opted not to wait for the project case set and T's hands.

I'm looking at both of these as future upgrades at some point down the road.

What I did get was even better than anticipated. I was hoping that this 3646 would be inspired by the last iteration of the Cali dial version... the Type G. What sets it apart from the others is the longer squarish crown tube and smaller crown. Plus the case profile is a little thinner and flatter. And finally, it was made with the 3rd version plex that domes only slightly starting at the bezel.

As you can see in the pics, the Erfurt Combo nailed these distinctive features. I couldn't be any happier... well actually I could... if I still had the watches I had to sell to afford this one :(

My grail movement... what can I say. Although it's not easy to tell in the pic, it does have a very high surface lustre with a warm platinum-like patina. It was hard to capture in overcast conditions.

The hand applied sno-lume is amazing and the dial surface has just the right amount of texture and semi-gloss lustre.

Hope you like these pics... mo' better ones to follow.

Cali05.jpg

Cali01-2.jpg

Cali04.jpg

Cali02.jpg

Cali03.jpg

Congratulations and I can't believe you already got it.

I saw this baby in real less than 10 days ago and it's a real beauty.

The Erfurt Combo does it again ....

Yeah, left Europe early Tues. morning and arrived in SoCal Sat. morning. Restored my faith in the USPostal system... for now anyway.

Can't believe at one time I was considering a 249 over something like my Cali/618. No contest, not to mention the $$$$ I saved :D

• 5 months later...