When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I have to laugh

Demsey

A few months back the regulars were bemoaning the fact post traffic had come to a crawl. It opened up a good discussion regarding 'cycles' and 'quality over quantity' etc. etc., and now it seems the post count is gaining momentum. Which is fine, but there is a serious disease here and it 'aint N1H1.

A two page thread will have so many redundancies of info, it's as if members don't bother to read an entire thread before they post. They read the OP and it's off to the 'reply button'. The enthusiasm is great, but, I dunno, it may backfire. I really don't know why some regulars bother chiming in on some topics that go four and five pages by week's end, the peanut gallery has echoed five fold what the WIS stated on page one, two replies down.

That's my tough sh*t I know, because it's largely my pet peeve, but I see A LOT of WIS lurking on the bottom of the page of new topics, then not bothering to post. It's as if their expertise is, or will only be, discounted, so why should they bother at all? After a while I'm afraid they won't.

No biggy, I just think it's 'funneh. For now.

Agreed Dems! Someone here has a great banner as their sig with Sam Jackson from Snakes on a Plane stating: "Read the Mutha [censored] Thread before you Mutha [censored] Post"! Love that sig whoever it belongs to!

:whistling:

R-

Crap. Shot with my own gun. I will never live this down at the club. Archipeligo.

@'Nanuq'

Please PM member 'Freddy333' with regard.

That's why I try to make all my comments and replies completely irrelevant, distracting, and BRILLIANTLY humorous (or nauseating...your choice...I'm easy).

That way they fit in anywhere...first page, page 3...whatever.

In that case I'd like to add; "It's not a 7750, the 7750 has 25 jewels and machined brass bridges ......I think it's a new movement from ETA, looks like a Lemania clone........you're all welcome." -_-

A few months back the regulars were bemoaning the fact post traffic had come to a crawl. It opened up a good discussion regarding 'cycles' and 'quality over quantity' etc. etc., and now it seems the post count is gaining momentum. Which is fine, but there is a serious disease here and it 'aint N1H1.

A two page thread will have so many redundancies of info, it's as if members don't bother to read an entire thread before they post. They read the OP and it's off to the 'reply button'. The enthusiasm is great, but, I dunno, it may backfire. I really don't know why some regulars bother chiming in on some topics that go four and five pages by week's end, the peanut gallery has echoed five fold what the WIS stated on page one, two replies down.

That's my tough sh*t I know, because it's largely my pet peeve, but I see A LOT of WIS lurking on the bottom of the page of new topics, then not bothering to post. It's as if their expertise is, or will only be, discounted, so why should they bother at all? After a while I'm afraid they won't.

No biggy, I just think it's 'funneh. For now.

Ditto... agreed... +1 +2 +zillions ... :animal_rooster:

Hey Freddy, I'm supposed to regard your PM about a Best Sub.

Do you have ANY idea what Dems is talking about? :unsure:

Sigh, look, it's real simple. Just keep it fresh, moving the thread forward with new innovation and information.

BestSub.jpg

We can't jeopardize our Senior members' input.

Capice`?

some posters have diarrhea of the fingers--who wants to read all that?

No doubt, I hate bombastic self imports. And the conceited. I will not abide by them. Look at me, I'm not conceited. And that is what makes me so great.

Oh, and long signatures that wear out the scroll wheel on my mouse. A few watch related pictures are OK, but useless stuff like, I dunno, uh, ad hoc film quotes, yeah, ad hoc film quotes that are supposed to relate something about the members' personality. What's up with that? That's what avatars are for. They should express the members' inner most 'self' and should be enough.

Oh. Crap. I need to go to the photobucket and 'My Controls'.

Its either like you said, Demsels; or its just lip service, or to me the worst is when you make a thread...

"My Sub"

"after 6 years of work at my machine shop & sourcing parts from across the world, assembly in an underground cave in Switzerland, and flying Freddy for verification, The Zigmeister for assembly, and Ubi for drinks, I have perfected my Submariner.

Here it is. (then they post pics that look like they were taken in a studio)

The thread winds up with 16,483 views... and two replies. Makes it all worth it, doesn't it?

One of which is "what dealer is that from."

Guess what the other post is? Oh wait, none of you are even reading this [censored]. :nea: