When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega 2598.20

dluddy

We all know what a fantastic rep the SMP Chronograph's are. By-Tor has done an extensive review and has some terrific pictures of his Blue Dial version.

I knew I wanted one but another Blue Wave Dial Omega wasn't doing it for me so I began to hunt for the elusive White Dial version, the 2598.20.

Since nobody has ever repped a White Dial Seamaster properly, I started to look for a Gen Dial. All good Frankens start with the dial.

I successfully found an NOS White dial on the bay and my Franken project began.

I picked up a blue dial SMP Chrono that a member was selling. It had some movement problems and was fairly beat up case wise, but I was confident I knew a man up north who could help me overcome those issues whistling.gif

Since there are no reps with the polished silver bezel, I needed to go genuine and ordered one from ofrei.

Off to Canada the parts went. Off to CA the crystal went.

Just got it back and have to say I am really pleased with how it came out.

Zig did a full service on the A7750 and replaced the broken parts. Genuine Dial is installed along with the Gen Bezel and the crystal with Double AR from Chief. Did a little polishing of the mid case and bracelet and am now wearing it on a regular rotation thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

omega259820frankenseama.jpg

omeag259820frankensmpch.jpg

Very nice !! :wub: Congratulatons on a great franken - something a bit "out of the ordinary"! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have a gen of the blue/black version with the silver bezel, here's a pic for comparison:

268133328o.jpg

Very nice !! :wub: Congratulatons on a great franken - something a bit "out of the ordinary"! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have a gen of the blue/black version with the silver bezel, here's a pic for comparison:

268133328o.jpg

The Omega Logo is painted on the dial: hence the curly toes, right?

I spent about an hour last week talking to the owner of the authorized Omega repair center here and we determined that the majority of the painted logos have curly feet and all of the applied markers with two feet to go into the dial have flat feet.

We referenced over 20 of each in comparison.

jim

Wow... what a great idea!

I think there was a rep of the shiny bezel version (blue and white) but it was garbage. This... well, I couldn't tell it from a gen.

Amazing! :thumbsupsmileyanim: