When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparo - Eurotimez V5 ETA vs. Eurotimez V5 DG2813

jmb

It's often said by some that if you buy an a21j version of anything you will get cheap watch - period - cheap movement, cheap case, cheap band, etc. Today I met up with levelmanroger, from RWI, to have some chow and see if there is any truth to this contention by comparing our Eurotimez V5 watches. levelman has the clone ETA version of this watch while I have the DG2813 version, but what else would you expect from me! After comparing our two watches, even weighing (both weighed 216 gm) them, we agreed that besides a slightly smoother sweep in the ETA version there was no way to tell the two apart! We then did a side-by-side photo comparo to illustrate this point with the resulting photographic evidence presented in this post. To make it easy to keep everything straight the ETA version will be always be on the left hand side of the photos and I set the bezel on my 2813 version one "click" off - this was more so I could tell them apart!

It is our conclusion that if someone buys a 2813 version of a particular model from Eurotimez they will get a watch with the same high quality casework as they would have received if they had purchased the version with the higher priced movement. Just remember, this is comparing two different configurations of the same product and not a comparison between a "High-End" and a "Budget" watch that happen to be from the same vendor.

dssd comparo 1.JPG

dssd comparo 2.JPG

dssd comparo 3.JPG

dssd comparo 4.JPG

dssd comparo 5.JPG

dssd comparo 6.JPG

dssd comparo 7.JPG

dssd comparo 8.JPG

Looking good, nice comparison.

I have the DG4813 high beat version on order so should be just as good as a ETA clone but at a much better price. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I will post pics once mine arrives if anyone is interested?.. shouldn't be too long now as I just approved the photo's from Eurotimez.

Nice compare and thank you for clearing up this misunderstanding or "rumor" - watch is the same (although there might be slight manufacturing differences between every piece), and the choice of movement completely depends on your budget vs what you trust will run your watch best.

Let me know if any of you others are interested in getting one!

TeeJay, you're welcome, we hoped it would put some at ease and clear up confusion for others. signumboy , you need to e-mail eurotimez for this configuration...

In most cases, that's why I tried to be specific about differently optioned "same" products as there are some cheap buggers out there! trevorwatch insists the $85 2813 versions of some of his watches use the same casework as the 2836 versions and idolreplicas/watcheden list certain "mid-priced" models as having same "chassis" as A7750 version. I bought a quartz TAG chrono with the "same chassis as..." and it a very nicely constructed watch, too bad I don't like the styling as I've only worn it for about an hour! :-(

Cool, it'll be interesting to see if there have been any minor manufacturing variances over a 3 week period.

Hi, I've ordered the 2813 version too (inspired by jmb's post a few weeks ago). Wish I had of known there was an offer of the 4813 as well - doh. Could have used it to power my n00bmariner...

Anyway, I've just received the email that says "Your order is in Process, it will take approx 2-5 (work)days before you will receive actual pictures from your watch." So mine should arrive in a month or so. So it will be good qualification of any manufacturing changes as jmb wondered above^.

I already own Josh's "ultimate" (fantastically beautiful watch btw). And I plan to use the V5 to make a super SDDS from the two - supposedly the case and bracelet is better on the ultimate and the dial and pearl superior on the V5. I will of course use the ETA to power it and The Zigmeister lume job/service.

Will report back here if anyone is interested.

name='mastrmindalliance' date='03 November 2009 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1257284018' post='745853'

I already own Josh's "ultimate" (fantastically beautiful watch btw). And I plan to use the V5 to make a super SDDS from the two - supposedly the case and bracelet is better on the ultimate and the dial and pearl superior on the V5.

Will report back here if anyone is interested.

Heck yeah .. please take the pics of the differences in the head and band .. I'd appreciate it :winkiss: