When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need an MBW Crystal compression ring for the bezel assembly

Justasgood

If somebody has a dimensioned drawing of this ring I could possibly make one. Or, if there is enough call for this part maybe somebody could send me a spare, I could measure and make a drawing, and return the part.

If somebody has a dimensioned drawing of this ring I could possibly make one. Or, if there is enough call for this part maybe somebody could send me a spare, I could measure and make a drawing, and return the part.

jmb, are you a hobbist or T&D guy like myself? Maybe we should start making some of these cases!

I have some small conventional machines in my shop and I push the "green button" on a Mazak at work... :-\ I've toyed with the idea of making a case but with no CNC it would be extremely labor intensive...

My offer stands, if somebody could send me one (gen or rep, it doesn't matter as long as it is correct) I'll take measurements and see if it's feasible to make one. Or, measure all aspects and e-mail me a sketch. Just being a ring it doesn't seem like it should be very difficult...

I'm sure you've probably thought of this option:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RETAINING-BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-ROLEX-1680-5513-5517-PARTS_W0QQitemZ400026397038QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d236e696e

never know if it would work till you try it!

I don't know if Clark's Watch Supply might be able to get one.

Plan B is to order a whole case from Eurotimez and then maybe get jmb to copy the part.

Of course a watchmaker with a Rolex parts account could get you one, but I have no idea what it would cost.

Lastly, I don't know if these guys could help you any or not- they're kinda like Mr. Slimeball- aftermarket parts, only so-so:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-BEZEL-INSERT-COMPLETE-SET-FOR-ROLEX-SUB-5513_W0QQitemZ290365870990QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439b27938e

I bought the 16610 bezel for my Euromariner from them, ended up using the Euro part w/ a gen tension ring that I happened to find on the bay.

Im gonna reiterate that wholesale/jewelry outlet/watchbandman s retaining ring DIDNT fit my 16610 MBK. Im not sure about vintage but even tho the MBKs ARE "1:1" I still think theyre off by a fraction of a millimeter, cause it did not fit my case tight and moisture got under the crystal. Perhaps its the sellers ring that is too large in diameter (I wouldnt discard that either) But the click spring hole on my retaining ring wasnt drilled out so the click spring wouldnt sit in the hole, either way it was useless and I had to return it, and lost $25 due to shipping and exchange rate.

I'm sure you've probably thought of this option:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RETAINING-BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-ROLEX-1680-5513-5517-PARTS_W0QQitemZ400026397038QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d236e696e

never know if it would work till you try it!

I don't know if Clark's Watch Supply might be able to get one.

Plan B is to order a whole case from Eurotimez and then maybe get jmb to copy the part.

Of course a watchmaker with a Rolex parts account could get you one, but I have no idea what it would cost.

Lastly, I don't know if these guys could help you any or not- they're kinda like Mr. Slimeball- aftermarket parts, only so-so:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-BEZEL-INSERT-COMPLETE-SET-FOR-ROLEX-SUB-5513_W0QQitemZ290365870990QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439b27938e

I bought the 16610 bezel for my Euromariner from them, ended up using the Euro part w/ a gen tension ring that I happened to find on the bay.

The stuff off ebay is crap...tried it....wasted 199.00 and 6 hours modifying it.

My watchmaker has a Rolex parts account and Rolex requires you send in the case for these parts.

I believe RW is ging to be able to help me.....Thanks Big Red.