When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've been banned!

P4GTR

I could've been playing forza a week earlier, its rediculous. I wanted to do the right thing and support Turn10 for making a fantastic game. I actually BUY the game. And I get banned.

Oh, and I bought a Turn10 black Tshirt for my Avitar. :rofl: its kind've funny.

I have to laugh or i'll cry. My first 360 burned itself to death. I replaced it with this one about 6 months ago. I barely played it. I have a brand new broken xbox.

You bad, bad boy!

Better watch out, Miss Understood likes bad boys. Better lock your doors at night. :ph34r:

:lol: What exactly are these strange things done under the midnight sun, you've been a little extra freaky lately. I talked to her the other day, she said she was gonna post here again!

Sony makes junk, no offense. Everyone I know who owns a PS3 has had laser problems, Everyone I know who owns a PS2 has had laser problems. and why exactly does a Sony memory card thats 2gigs cost the same as a generic memory card that has 8gigs? and yes they use the same brand of storage chip internally surrounded by plastic. I've had a 1991 Sony CRT tv that emits a buzzing noise and a JVC from 1991 that still works perfectly (albeit the geometry in the screen is slightly skewed now) a Sony trinitron monitor that's had startup problems (replaced twice) and now suffers from some signal freezing and has to be physically unplugged. A sony HTS that doesnt tune properly to radio stations due to electrical problems on the board. and NO im NOT rough on any of my products or have improperly grounded receptacles. Sony is notorious for root kits in their software as well. Every software title on PS3 is either on xbox OR has a better equivalent. Resistance=Gears of war (better game) Gran Turismo where Sonys BRIGHT idea was to make 75% of the game an additional purchase after buying the game =Forza 3 (better game...WHY? BECAUSE the cars actually take damage and suffer crippling results) The only game on PS3 (which uses the same processor as XBOX just X3)that im jealous for is God of War 3. Other than that Sony can keep their proprietary ways to themselves and rake in the royalties from having politically won the HD war with blu ray which was actually an inferior technology to HDDVD at the height of the conflict. HD DVD supported managed copies of titles whereas Sony has strict DRM. Oh plus Sony thinks it's their place to be your moral conscience in the world to tell you they dont want adult material on their products. thats right, they'll police your viewing behavior by not allowing anyone to stamp adult material to bluray. There really is NO reason to buy any Sony product these days and even bluray will be obsolete soon, hell even Samsung tvs are better now. I will say this about Microsoft compared to Sony as a company "On 9 December 2008, Sony Corp. said it will cut 16,000 jobs...to save $9.1 billion a year" Microsofts Charity Bill and Melinda Gates foundation "It has an endowment of US$35.1 billion as of October 1, 2008" they having a working capital of 3.8X the amount Sony is trying to save for their own pockets around the same time of year, all to DONATE to the needy NOT their pockets. YES Internet Explorer is a POS, Just install Firefox or linux. antitrust, solved. In my experience Microsoft is a very fair company where as sony has this self inflated importance in the world that makes them feel its alright to charge a premium on their junk products and this allows their greed to go unpunished. Sonys day is over, they were big for good reasons in the 80s and early 90s but now theyre pathetic and hopefully they'll go out of business soon, signs of the times when they had to lower their console prices.

I'm not going to get into a fanboi'sh conflict but if all that is what you say it is why is the PS3 outselling the Wii & xBox all over the gamer block ?

My Sony stereo is 10+ years old, my modded ps/2 is 7+, my modded ps3 is 2ish - they run as good as the day I first got them

oh and i also have a modded PSP with custom firmware too. Any gadget is only as good as the user.

If the memory stick bothers you that much, get a $10 adapter and lets you use 2 microSD cards at one time for the same effect @ a 1/3rd of the cost

Edited by chronoluvvv

I'd double check those numbers as the Wii has out sold it 2:1 and 360 has sold 4million more than PS3 as of November and the holiday season will only amplify this gap.

im only speaking from experience with my Sony gadgets as are you. But any gadget is not as good as it's user since I give the same light treatment to all my electronics and the others have outlasted every Sony product, I even use UPS for power filtering. As for buying adapters or having workarounds to use third party memory or adapters, well I shouldnt have to, thats the point. My gripe is with sony as a company and their shady practices and the quality they offer compared to other products of similar or cheaper pricing, I have Toshiba, Yamaha, Samsung MUCH better in terms of performance and guess what, NO stupid Sony proprietary garbage or electrical/design problems. and why did PS3 remove backwards compatibility with PS2? to improve their bottom line and make those poor performing sales easier to swallow.

Sony makes junk, no offense. Everyone I know who owns a PS3 has had laser problems, Everyone I know who owns a PS2 has had laser problems. and why exactly does a Sony memory card thats 2gigs cost the same as a generic memory card that has 8gigs? and yes they use the same brand of storage chip internally surrounded by plastic. I've had a 1991 Sony CRT tv that emits a buzzing noise and a JVC from 1991 that still works perfectly (albeit the geometry in the screen is slightly skewed now) a Sony trinitron monitor that's had startup problems (replaced twice) and now suffers from some signal freezing and has to be physically unplugged. A sony HTS that doesnt tune properly to radio stations due to electrical problems on the board. and NO im NOT rough on any of my products or have improperly grounded receptacles. Sony is notorious for root kits in their software as well. Every software title on PS3 is either on xbox OR has a better equivalent. Resistance=Gears of war (better game) Gran Turismo where Sonys BRIGHT idea was to make 75% of the game an additional purchase after buying the game =Forza 3 (better game...WHY? BECAUSE the cars actually take damage and suffer crippling results) The only game on PS3 (which uses the same processor as XBOX just X3)that im jealous for is God of War 3. Other than that Sony can keep their proprietary ways to themselves and rake in the royalties from having politically won the HD war with blu ray which was actually an inferior technology to HDDVD at the height of the conflict. HD DVD supported managed copies of titles whereas Sony has strict DRM. Oh plus Sony thinks it's their place to be your moral conscience in the world to tell you they dont want adult material on their products. thats right, they'll police your viewing behavior by not allowing anyone to stamp adult material to bluray. There really is NO reason to buy any Sony product these days and even bluray will be obsolete soon, hell even Samsung tvs are better now. I will say this about Microsoft compared to Sony as a company "On 9 December 2008, Sony Corp. said it will cut 16,000 jobs...to save $9.1 billion a year" Microsofts Charity Bill and Melinda Gates foundation "It has an endowment of US$35.1 billion as of October 1, 2008" they having a working capital of 3.8X the amount Sony is trying to save for their own pockets around the same time of year, all to DONATE to the needy NOT their pockets. YES Internet Explorer is a POS, Just install Firefox or linux. antitrust, solved. In my experience Microsoft is a very fair company where as sony has this self inflated importance in the world that makes them feel its alright to charge a premium on their junk products and this allows their greed to go unpunished. Sonys day is over, they were big for good reasons in the 80s and early 90s but now theyre pathetic and hopefully they'll go out of business soon, signs of the times when they had to lower their console prices.

Sony fired you. Didn't they?

:lol: No, I'm just bullshitting.

I agree with everything you have to say with regard to 'attrition' of Sony products. I have NO understanding or interest in 'game consoles' (I just typed some crap about having children with regard, blah, blah, blah, that's another thread, 'deleted'), but I have had many wonderful Sony electronic products, out of the box, that only let me down in short order. The 'Trinitron CRT' tops the list. I have heaved more than four into dumpsters. I do however have a Panasonic VHS and a JVC television that have outlived two dogs back to back and all the VHS tapes it recorded and monitored in 1986 and since. My Sony RDR VX500 VHS/DVD that my wife paid out her hard earned money for four years ago? The f*cker has been telling me; "DVD cannot be played or recorded" for two of them. I haven't the heart to tell her what a POS it is. Wow. My signature is hot. 'Hike' wants it. Oh yeah.

I work in electrical retail, the returns/repair rate on PS3's are virtually nil, I can't even remember the last return/repair! Whereas Xbox returns/repairs rates are massive, had a guy in two days ago whose Xbox had those three little red lights.....

Seriously, most Sony products are really solid, especially the PS3's B)

CANT WAIT FOR MODERN WARFARE 2!!! NOV 10th!

Mickey: new 360s shouldnt have this problem as they reduced the die size which was the cause of over heating. Oddly enough PS3 uses the same processor just beefed up with multiple cores. All my friends that have 1st gen PS3s all crapped out with laser problems not reading discs, they used it for game play and blu ray movie playback and sent it to a certified Sony center which charged them $80 to fix it. So i dunno :yu: I also find the bluray movie playback on the PS3 to have color banding issues and jitter, its just over all average. Buy Panasonic :good: never had a bad product from them in 30years.

xhusj jdunekelkeo kdi jdido,......I have no friggin clue as to what your all talking about..

I'm in the same boat, or, on the same 'stick'.

The last time I sat on a couch and pushed a 'B' button it was 1979 and the console was Intellivision from Mattel. One generation, but a giant leap from 'Pong'. I played 'Pitfall' with my little brother for twenty minutes, deemed it 'dumb', then went back upstairs to work on The Rover on my Gibson. Whatever.

I have an opinion as a 'father' of a 9 and 15 year old as to "video games" (they do not own one, will ever, under my roof) but I will demure as there are a lot of intelligent and accomplished members here, whom I formed a good opinion of long before they tipped their hand as to being 'gamers'. I will just chalk it up to a generation gap. I also think the Who are wicked awesome. So.

The cycle will come complete soon enough though. Not too long ago a friend living in Orlando, who wants to break into stand-up went into a shtick he is developing, paraphrased;

Kids and their video games. Little round couch potato zombies that think it is OK to blow a friend's head off because there is always the 'reset' button. Life is really like that. They think. But there is an argument that the Wii game is different. It involves actual physical endeavor. Kids actually sweat playing the Tennis game. There is a baseball cartridge that will actually let you 'strike out'. You may actually feel some human emotion there. Just in for Christmas; I hear that Nintendo is offering peripherals such as artificial climate and grass stains. Somewhere along the line a child is going to errantly go outside enroute to the refridgerator, pick up a ball and bat and discover; "Holy [censored], this is sooooooo lifelike. Awesome."

Same Dems.. I was raising my GF's boys for 5 years.. violence has become to desensitized with the games kids play.. At the time as a 'Dad" .. we played stuff like scabble.. their TV viewing was monitored.. we did a lot of outdoor stuff..

IMO..parents use the video games at times so they don't have to bother with the children.. a little of the proper games is ok.. but I never "allowed" them to be "controlled" by the violent games..

they went form D's in school to Honours... I'm proud to have been apart of that.. and the oldest had no friends and at the end of 5 years had kids whom were "good kids", coming around ... he was happy.. I myself miss them every single day.. but know that they will end up great people.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was an "old school" disciplinarian, but they were my world, 24/7.. we used the playstation more for DVD's :lol:

P4GTR: apparently forza3 has nothing to do with the wave of bannings but MS has figured out a way to read the drive firmware cause consoles that are modded but havnt even played a backup are getting banned. I never play pre release titles or games i havnt personally backedup and checked with abgx but tonight I spoke too soon and the irony was on me, I too was banned tonight. Let this be a warning to all modded 360 owners on this forum.

Stay off xbox live for now until they figure out exactly whats going on and how to circumvent it. Cause your drive firmware alone will get you banned

Oh well no more advertising aimed at my hard earned cash

no point in waiting either , might as well go play COD MWF2 pre release

Demsey, its interesting that you mentioned the Trinitron CRT since we have one @ my mom's house since the mid-80s

the tuner is limited to 30 channels but its a veritable Energizer bunny, just keeps going on ... & on ... & on

so hey p4GTR

do you get a refund for your unusable membership now ?

highoeyazmuhudee, im really sorry man. I called my buddies after reading that to warn them to stay offline.

Dems, I was born in '78. I came out with pong, atari, saw the 80's through the arcade era, had a commodore 64, and wound up working in IT as an adult. Generation X, child of technology. Don't hold it against me.

im not touching that sony debate. Im already stressed out enough over my xbox. <_<