When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incessant Clickers

fotoman

How Often do you check tracking on new watches  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How Often Do you check Tracking on New Orders

• Hardly Ever, if the watch doesn't show up for 2 weeks i will inquire
    • After A Few Days - Usually i get to see its already through customs and sometimes its already at my door when i check
    • Once a Day - I like to keep track - make sure i don't have to pretend i'm someone else when customs officials call
    • Several Times a Day - Its like playing a video game, i like to check a few times to see what i have won
    • At least 5 times a day - There are things you must do, breath, eat, sleep, and watch - not nessecarily in that order
    • every hour - till i see a new status. the watch knows when i'm watching and he likes it
    • Several Times an Hour - EMS and USPS have Repeatedly tried to block my ip
    • WAIT -HOLD ON, there are DEALERS that GIVE YOU TRACKING? WTF ?!?!?!?!? :)

I just checked my tracking for the 100th time today, before I came over here to vote on how often I check the tracking.

They will be here tomorrow...oh joy.

Should I go to work or wait for the mail guy first? Can we poll that?

I'd stay home...call in with the "Panerai Flu"...chances are they won't know what it is anyways.

I actually have mine delivered to where I work so no theiving neighbor snatches them!

I'd stay home...call in with the "Panerai Flu"...chances are they won't know what it is anyways.

I actually have mine delivered to where I work so no theiving neighbor snatches them!

Unfortunatley I can't send them to work (too many eyes and BS in our mail system). I live less than 30 minutes from work, so usually a quick dash home around noon works. I too woory about a "mis-delivery" to a neightbors address, the pink slip I mean. With the pink slip anyone can retreive them.

Ok I'm paranoid and this hobby has gotten the better of my good judgement.

After the item clears international and enters the slightly "more reliable" USPS tracking system, I check as often as ten times a day:

Inbound Out of Customs, August 28, 2006, 2:46 pm

Inbound Into Customs

Inbound International Arrival, August 27, 2006, 8:35 am, Chicago (O'Hare) AMC

Foreign International Dispatch, August 24, 2006, 10:07 pm, SHANGHAI, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Foreign Acceptance, August 24, 2006, 3:25 pm, CHINA PEOPLES REP

When it clears customs, we're not far away!

//Cheers

P.S My wife thinks I am crazy but I have been known to stand by the blinds/windows at the front of my house for hours waiting for a delivery and I know the sound... Wait... what was that... the mail van? :wub:

Edited by pwygant

I honestly never check tracking-- because I'm waaayyy too superstitious. I'm afraid that excessive tracking can jinx a package in various horrible ways, and then I'll see it got nabbed in customs or, worse, lost between the airport and my house, which would of course make me entirely non-functional the rest of the day if not week. So far, so good...one customs issue on a repair return (which the dealer informed me of) but a new one was sent pronto and made it through.

Does this count as clicking?

$ crontab -l

# 0,15,30,45 * * * * /home/`whoami`/bin/ems.sh

$ cat bin/ems.sh

#!/usr/local/bin/bash

source .bashrc

curl -sc /tmp/cookies.txt http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp | \

tr ">" "\n" | \

grep \<input | \

grep ch | \

sed 's/^.*value="\([0-9]*\)".*$/curl -sb \/tmp\/cookies.txt -d "reqCode=browseBASEE\&checknum=\1\&mailNum=EA739785105CN" http:\/\/www.ems.com.cn\/qcgzOutQueryAction.do/' | \

sh | \

sed 's/<head>/<head><base href="http:\/\/www.ems.com.cn\/">/' > \

/home/`whoami`/sites/pugwash.cat5.org/ems/0-ems.html

cp /home/`whoami`/sites/pugwash.cat5.org/ems/0-ems.html /home/`whoami`/sites/pugwash.cat5.org/ems/ems-`date "+%m%d%y-%H%M"`.html

For the non-geeks, that connects to EMS every 15 minutes, gets a session cookie, posts the cookie and my EMS number, outputs the resulting page and archives a copy with the date and time.

Clicking is for lus3rz. Shell Fr0 Teh W1n!

I have chron jobs set up to autmoatically check and update tracking every 2.2 minutes and update to my email.

Oh, damn, you're joking. Yeah, mine is also a joke, honest. :D

Does this count as clicking?

$ crontab -l

# 0,15,30,45 * * * * /home/`whoami`/bin/ems.sh

$ cat bin/ems.sh

#!/usr/local/bin/bash

source .bashrc

curl -sc /tmp/cookies.txt http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp | \

tr ">" "\n" | \

grep \<input | \

grep ch | \

sed 's/^.*value="\([0-9]*\)".*$/curl -sb \/tmp\/cookies.txt -d "reqCode=browseBASEE\&checknum=\1\&mailNum=EA739785105CN" http:\/\/www.ems.com.cn\/qcgzOutQueryAction.do/' | \

sh | \

sed 's/<head>/<head><base href="http:\/\/www.ems.com.cn\/">/' > \

/home/`whoami`/sites/pugwash.cat5.org/ems/0-ems.html

cp /home/`whoami`/sites/pugwash.cat5.org/ems/0-ems.html /home/`whoami`/sites/pugwash.cat5.org/ems/ems-`date "+%m%d%y-%H%M"`.html

For the non-geeks, that connects to EMS every 15 minutes, gets a session cookie, posts the cookie and my EMS number, outputs the resulting page and archives a copy with the date and time.

Clicking is for lus3rz. Shell Fr0 Teh W1n!

Oh, damn, you're joking. Yeah, mine is also a joke, honest. :D

although i hadn't even thought of goign there i won't be impressed till you output the results to an rss feed. :)

It's either that or sitting at home twiddling my thumbs waiting for Mrs Pugwash to get back.

yeah i'm sitting at home to, waiting for the tropical storm to blow over.

:)

i know that its not hard to write the xml. But :) i think that would be the finishing touch on the system.

So - is it possible for you to create a small prog that we can use - put in our various tracking and have it either email or go to an rss feed?

that would be cool. Obviously we would have to input our tracking, tracking service, pop server.

oooh how fun