When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gauging Interest: Custom Made Yacht-master Dials (16622)

ubiquitous

Okay, folks. Just as the title says.

I'm working with a dial maker, and am exploring the possibility of having a custom made Yacht-Master dial made for the 16622 Rolesium. The dial will be as close to genuine as possible with regards to font, font color, coronet, and markers. This post is ONLY to gauge interest, so please post here if this strikes your fancy :lol:

Pricing would be as follows:

If we can get 10 people (i.e. 10 dials) price per dial is $50.00 US.

If the interest is less than 10 people, price per dial is $80.00 US.

Here is the result I am working to achieve with this dial maker...

109425-24269.jpg

If interested, please post here. I'm looking to LIMIT this run to 10 pcs max. Once interest has been established, I will start working with my dial guy to sort out specifics/details/etc.

Best regards,

R

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price will be $50 if I can get interest for a total of 10 dials. Any less, and they'll be $80 ea.

And yes... These will be made to fit ETAs.

I'm DEFINITELY IN for one of these.

And I wouldn't hesitate to order another one if it would be necessary to reach the

limit of ten pieces.

If I may add something:

This dial should be custom made to fit EL's latest 16622 as we agreed on this one being

the closest so far regarding the other important details like CG's, Bezel insert etc.

Custom made because I noticed there are some differences in the rehaut angle of

the various 16622 reps on the market so far.

This should be considered, because otherwise the position of the minute marks around

the dial could be wrong.

Just my 0.02

Some additional information (this may be a deal stopper for some of you).

-Dial maker only accepts WU. For some, this is not a problem, but I know not everyone likes WU fees.

-I am, in no way affiliated with this individual, and am not a dealer or seller of any sort (I am only a collector). Any payment or purchase will need to be handled individually. As such (and to protect my source), I ask that only well known and experienced members apply. If you are new on the forum and/or have a low post count, please provide me with references. Sorry it has to be this way; good sources are hard to find, and I'd prefer to keep it this way ;)

Again... This is only the initial developing stage. Most likely, I'll have my guy make a dial, I'll check it over, suggest changes or improvements etc. at which point it will go back to the drawing table to revise. Once we have a solid correct dial, I'll revisit this topic with some pics of the dial installed so that you all know what it will look like. So, be prepared... It may be a patience enduring project.

EDIT: It looks like we have 10 now. Thanks for the interest guys...

Some additional information (this may be a deal stopper for some of you).

-Dial maker only accepts WU. For some, this is not a problem, but I know not everyone likes WU fees.

-I am, in no way affiliated with this individual, and am not a dealer or seller of any sort (I am only a collector). Any payment or purchase will need to be handled individually. As such (and to protect my source), I ask that only well known and experienced members apply. If you are new on the forum and/or have a low post count, please provide me with references. Sorry it has to be this way; good sources are hard to find, and I'd prefer to keep it this way ;)

Again... This is only the initial developing stage. Most likely, I'll have my guy make a dial, I'll check it over, suggest changes or improvements etc. at which point it will go back to the drawing table to revise. Once we have a solid correct dial, I'll revisit this topic with some pics of the dial installed so that you all know what it will look like. So, be prepared... It may be a patience enduring project.

EDIT: It looks like we have 10 now. Thanks for the interest guys...

That sounds great. Actually, I decided to get my YM from EL and I'm about a week away from ordering it and will then need to replenish mad money funds so patience will not be a problem. Thanks so much for making this available for the community :3a: