When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

41mm Day~Date

lanikai

*puts on flame retardant suit*

it looks like a women's watch to me :winkiss:

:animal_rooster:

deltatahoe

ya want we should staaat something hea :boxing:...

:vava: .. ouch.. gotta learn when I pull back ma jab not to pull it back to ma face.. :nea:

maybe it'll land me one of them .. collagen lipped .. plastic fantastics.. :doh:

ya want we should staaat something hea :boxing:...

i knew that comment would go over like a ton of bricks :lol: anyways, wear it well tami. err....i mean lani :victory:

*runs & hides* :ph34r:

on a serious note, i can see the appeal, but it is just too pretty for me to take it seriously as a men's watch. but i've never really understood the appeal of the datejust, day-date or other non-sport rolex models, so i must be missing something. i think part of it has to do with age -- i just couldn't wear that watch with a straight face at my age...but later in life? well let's just say i'm not ruling out the possibility ;)

deltatahoe

i knew that comment would go over like a ton of bricks :lol: anyways, wear it well tami. err....i mean lani :victory:

*runs & hides* :ph34r:

on a serious note, i can see the appeal, but it is just too pretty for me to take it seriously as a men's watch. but i've never really understood the appeal of the datejust, day-date or other non-sport rolex models, so i must be missing something. i think part of it has to do with age -- i just couldn't wear that watch with a straight face at my age...but later in life? well let's just say i'm not ruling out the possibility ;)

deltatahoe

:rofl: :rofl:

you call that "serious" :rofl:

ya got issues with your feminine side.. (now that sounds strange)..

please don't tell me you wax your eyebrows.. shit.. I cannot look at a man with a straight face that has those metro eyebrows.. :rofl: .. I just wanna bust out ...!!

.no offence to the guy's that do that here.. I mean I got waxed when I used to compete.. but plucking eyebrows.. sheesh what is macho about that.. :shock:

I still would like to grow roses though... 8)

.Ok this is going nowhere...

AC

L

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The postman has just delivered this same beautiful watch to me. Out of morbid curiousity, I opted for the new clone movement (which does seem a bit jumpy). The only downside is that the Cyclops is not centered with the date wheel. Urgh! Otherwise a breathtaking timepiece. I won't have you all suffer through my photography after such beautiful photos by Lanikai.

Does anyone know who has serviced this "new" movement? I am planning to send mine off. Please advise.

Cheers!

The postman has just delivered this same beautiful watch to me. Out of morbid curiousity, I opted for the new clone movement (which does seem a bit jumpy). The only downside is that the Cyclops is not centered with the date wheel. Urgh! Otherwise a breathtaking timepiece. I won't have you all suffer through my photography after such beautiful photos by Lanikai.

Does anyone know who has serviced this "new" movement? I am planning to send mine off. Please advise.

Cheers!

Congrats BN :thumbsupsmileyanim:

perhaps the crystal just needs resetting to align the cyclops ??

I would wear it and let the movement run for awhile before sending it out for service.. imo.. may as well get the most wear from it .. it may run fine for a long time before it needs servicing... imo.. it's like changing tires before they need to be.. :lol:

I have 3 reps now with the clone movements and all are keeping time with my genuine and my serviced eta's..

AC/Lani

• 3 months later...

Great pics, LAni!

Has anyone noticed any flaws other than the mag (and of course the fact that they're not making reps out of platinum yet :) ) Is the crown postion OK? would the fit and finish be more toward the wm9 end or the migauss vicinity? Would love to buy this one but with a watch this simple, IMO glaring flaws would make it a no-go...

Because of this STUNNING pictorial by Lanikai, I've ordered myself this watch... thanks Lani!!

It's truly a stunning rep - I can't say that I've seen the gen IRL, as they really are few and far between. I opted for the Swiss ETA movement, as my watchmaker won't work on the Asian movements.

The biggest flaw I have on this watch is that the date-wheel is sunken! If you look through the cyclops at an angle, you can see the edges of the datewheel. The DAY-wheel is fine, though. Date- and Day-wheel changeover is quick-change at midnight... very good!

The finish on the watch case, dial, and bracelet is truly remarkable. I LOVE it. It's a refined kinda bling... what with the fluted bezel. Sparkles like a diamond... The hidden clasp is great, and the inner clasp and rear of the case have all the correct engravings and hallmarks.

Obviously, this watch is meant to be made out of SOLID WHITE GOLD, so it's other big flaw would be the weight. But unless someone in the know takes it off your arm and feels it's lower weight, you're fine.

The crown could also fit a little better - screw down closer to the case, if you know what I mean. But at least it has the correct markings, 2 dots for white gold.

It's such a good rep that my little ol' Swiss watchmaker man has asked me to order one for HIM!!

BTW, any reason why the date-wheel is recessed? Would it be because of the clearance needed for the DAY-wheel?

Edited by JayKay8901