When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

41mm Day~Date

lanikai

The new release 41mm Day~Date Roman Numeral, Concentric ring Dial

Case 41mm, 44mm with crown

Case height 12mm

Fluted bezel

Jubilee style bracelet

Silver/white dial

Day wheel is silver

Date wheel is white with concentric lines

Crown size, 6mm screw down

rolexdaydate033.jpg

rolexdaydate031.jpg

rolexdaydate038.jpg

rolexdaydate048.jpg

rolexdaydate047.jpg

rolexdaydate042.jpg

rolexdaydate039.jpg

rolexdaydate009.jpg

rolexdaydate011.jpg

rolexdaydate045.jpg

rolexdaydate017.jpg

rolexdaydate016.jpg

rolexdaydate023.jpg

rolexdaydate022.jpg

rolexdaydate006.jpg

rolexdaydate021.jpg

rolexdaydate025.jpg

rolexdaydate027.jpg

rolexdaydate026.jpg

rolexdaydate029.jpg

rolexdaydate053.jpg

rolexdaydate037.jpg

The wear: is very good.. well balanced and substantial weight behind it..it feels great on the wrist even with the bracelet a little loose.. it doesn't swim on my wrist.. the bracelet is very nice.. it may need a little filing on the edges .. but gtg..

the dial is super clean and the printing is sharp.. you need to see it in person to appreciate it..

maybe not perfect but along with my Milgauss I'm very happy.. although it would not pass as platinum ..it's all good :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks for viewing

AC

Lani

Thanks Lani! Great review and professional looking photos. What movement is in the watch?

w

I haven't opened it up yet Warren ... Josh just told me to wait for the 41mm.. with 316F steel .. I think it's the asian rolex clone.. but I'll have a look tomorrow.. I was doing other things at the same time as posting the pics.. running back and forth to the puter.. :lol:

AC

Lani

Wow, I first thought it was a gen :whistling:

That is a great looking watch Lani.

How does it wear with their 41 MM? Not too big compared to a datejust?

Thank you Stephane

I actually did not do the dial justice on this one.. I gotta take some shots outside.. the dial looks white at times and at night with a lamp, is very silver.. great job in that respect..I wasn't a big fan of the fluted bezel until now..

it wears brilliantly.. I think a lot has to do with the jubilee bracelet.. I have enough room in the bracelet to fit my pinky under my wrist and the bracelet.. yet it does not move when I shake my wrist... very nice balance and feel to it..the bracelet is not cheaply made like some in the past..it's very good quality.

AC

Lani

I haven't opened mine but due to the price I assume it is some sort of Asian movement. The second hand sweeps pretty smooth although it does get a little jumpy now and then. The watch is keeping good time + a few seconds per day. I've only had mine since Friday 11/13 but it hasn't left my wrist.

@Lani: How is the clasp on yours? Mine appears to have the same clasp. The little notch in the last link should have a spring loaded aperture but it is still pretty hard to open. Is yours spring loaded or just snap shut and pull like hell to open?

Great pics BTW. I have new wallpaper. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thank you All..

the second hand "sweeps" should be an eta engine.. Josh always send the eta if available.

the clasp works well on mine.. J .. yours may need some tweaking..? .. mine is not spring loaded however it snaps on and off easily and doesn't work itself loose.. maybe your edges need a bit of filing..

I prefer the Roman numerals over the shhtick markers on this one..

here's a couple more J.. if you choose to use them it would be an honour B)

rolexdaydate044.jpg

rolexdaydate034.jpg

AC

Lani

the clasp works well on mine.. J .. yours may need some tweaking..? .. mine is not spring loaded however it snaps on and off easily and doesn't work itself loose.. maybe your edges need a bit of filing..

The clasp works well, doesn't come loose and stays shut very tightly. The fit and finish is pretty good on this one but it is kind of hard to unsnap, maybe it's just me.

How's the weight? I bet it's quite substantial?

The weight is good although I haven't put it on the scale yet I am guessing about 125 to 140 grams give or take. Unfortunatley the genuine in Platinum is around 250 grams.

Thank you All..

rolexdaydate034.jpg

i had to stop short on this one...looks like Ubi's "liquid" crown shot?!...nice, Lani!... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

re: movement --> i kinda figured Lani has the eta version :whistling: but Josh sells 1) an eta 2836-2 25j 28.8k, 2) an asian clone 2336-2 25j 28.8k ($50 less) and 3) an asian 2813 21j ($120 less)...so wondering how the low cost movement fairs... :pardon:

R-

I'm sure mine is the low cost movement. Works fine so far. I gave up on buying ETA watches with so many fakes going around (ironic isn't it?). I suspect our ETA's will get more and more scarce considering Swatch Group stopped producing movements for sale outside of theirs and a few select brands November 1st.

Very elegant looking, I like the dial and particularly like the "groovy" date disc! Now, if it had crown guards... ;)

with the crown guards again..

bet ya.. you'll evolve outta them in time.. remember this.... :lol:

Sorry J.. just getting out your Tudor dial this week.. slpipped my 'so called mind' :huh:

AC

Lani

nathanchorley

Posted Today, 11:39 AM

Nice pictures, the ones on the PC website dont do justice !

Is this classed as the silver or white dial on the website?

Thanks

this one is actually silver but the lighting makes it look white.,.. I'll try for some outdoor shots today .. it's a gorgeous silver under the lamp..

jfreeman420

Posted Today, 09:49 AM

I'm sure mine is the low cost movement. Works fine so far. I gave up on buying ETA watches with so many fakes going around (ironic isn't it?). I suspect our ETA's will get more and more scarce considering Swatch Group stopped producing movements for sale outside of theirs and a few select brands November 1st.

not at all concerned about a shortage of eta's... as Ziggy say's .. you could buy 10,000 of them today if you so desired.. plenty of surplus to last..the surplus ones still do need Ziggy's service at one point or another though

AC

L

Thanks for posting as always Lani.

Not my cup of tea but a beautiful timepiece like this is appreciated. My father has put this on his Xmas list but he does prefer the shtick numerals.

Does this one have that option?

Yes B... Josh has all the dials actually..