When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a 1500 Franken built, anyone know of anyone?

LIBBY!

Interesting. I've got a spare case- might swap out for a no cyclops crystal and build an Explorer I.

Eurotimez has the datewheel for the Red Subs, w/ the flat top 3's and open 6's and 9's- correct for the 1500 Date also- $20 plus s&h.

Have you tried the cheap plastic spacer rings from the cheap reps- one of those might work.

Like Rosnik, I take my stuff to my watchmaker- he's built my two DJ's and my 16800 franken.

Cool! Thanks, Rosnik.

I posted the 16800 about 1-1/2 years ago here. Since then my computer crashed and I lost the pics.

Omega drilled lugholes in a noob case. Took a Ziggy relumed 16800 matte dial, glued it to a 2834-2 w/ old style date wheel, gen crown and tube and put it all together w/ a 93150 and 593 ends. Stephane was my inspiration- he put a gen dial in a noob case first, as I recall.

Interesting. I've got a spare case- might swap out for a no cyclops crystal and build an Explorer I.

Eurotimez has the datewheel for the Red Subs, w/ the flat top 3's and open 6's and 9's- correct for the 1500 Date also- $20 plus s&h.

Have you tried the cheap plastic spacer rings from the cheap reps- one of those might work.

Like Rosnik, I take my stuff to my watchmaker- he's built my two DJ's and my 16800 franken.

I'm no watchmaker, just a parts piler who has some stuff here for a build..

I do have a 2836 here too...

For a 1500, you need a 2846 to properly align the stem with the tube; this particular movement gets you the slow beat as well (2836 would work, but the beat rate is too high at 28800; 2846 is a little high as well at 21600, but much closer to the 1570's 19800bph).

If you can get your hands on one of Stilty's rings, it would definitely make this project a lot easier.

You will also need one of Eurotimez' flat top 3 datewheels, and it would also be wise to have the hour, min and sec pinions swapped out for the taller gears to clear the high profile indicies that Rolex likes to use on their Date, DateJust and DD dials :)

Hi Libby

These are date-wheel overlays and they are 20 usd each. Contact us if you want to order these as we do not have them in our web-store (yet, we are going to update it soon).

Just send us a mail specifying what you want, how you want to pay and have it shipped and we will help you make the order.

info@EuroTimez88.com

• 2 weeks later...