When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Watch Values

PeteM

Does anyone know if there is a way of getting an indicative value of a genuine watch on the internet? I have looked at sales sites but of course these are preowned retail and not private sale prices.

I want to value (thinking of selling) my Omega 300M Chrono Diver 2225.80.00 but I havent a clue how to value it pre-owned.

Thanks

I apologise if I am infringing any forum protocols

The seller timeman.net sells a lot of watches on consignment. Some prices are pretty accurate, and some are the dreams of their owners, however a watch is worth what the market will pay, so any site which shows a watch as sold, needs to be taken with some creedence.

Of course we don't know the final selling price, ( I believe a lot of negotiation takes place) but maybe its not a bad starting point. Any watch which has been unsold for a lengthy time, is probably overpriced, and if you slightly undervalued the asking prices which look close, you wouldn't be too far away.

Offshore

Thanks for the replies, I tried the link but only found two one for trade and one in Canada.

I will check out Ebay again I have found a couple but they were new but will keep checking.

I suppose I was just hoping there was a site like they do for motors, sort of CAP or Glass'

Like you said Offshore comes down to if there is someone out there that wants it

Would it be worth more if I said it had been down Danni minogue's top???

You may get lucky if you do a search on ebay and a similar watch has sold in the last 30 days (search on your watch checking the sold box). You can also triangulate looking at multiple offerings. Look for the low or no reserve folks in the case of current offerings.

Ditto. I can add that Timeman is generally a very reliable seller. A bit on the pricey side, but a good guy who knows his stuff.

I've had pretty good luck going to Timezone's sales corner as well as WatchU Seek's private sales forum. Do a search of the exact watch your trying to sell. Unless it's a really rare or expensive model, they will probably have some sales listings. As everyone else said, look for the "Sold" listings" Just like in our sales forum here, if the watch is up for sale for a couple of weeks and the seller "bumps" it 25 times, and it isn't sold, you can probably figure it is either too expensive or something is suspect. Give that a try. I would say go over to WatchU seek and go to the Omega Forum, it's super active and there are a few really good guys who are helpful and very knowledgable, however I'm not sure about discussing prices.If you get a feel for some of the "good guys" it certainly wouldn't hurt to PM one of them and ask what they thought a fair price would be. I did a lot of research on that forum before I bought my genuine Speedmaster Pro "moon Watch" as well as my X-33. They were a big help to me.

Good luck with your sale.

Arthur

I've had pretty good luck going to Timezone's sales corner as well as WatchU Seek's private sales forum. Do a search of the exact watch your trying to sell. Unless it's a really rare or expensive model, they will probably have some sales listings. As everyone else said, look for the "Sold" listings" Just like in our sales forum here, if the watch is up for sale for a couple of weeks and the seller "bumps" it 25 times, and it isn't sold, you can probably figure it is either too expensive or something is suspect. Give that a try. I would say go over to WatchU seek and go to the Omega Forum, it's super active and there are a few really good guys who are helpful and very knowledgable, however I'm not sure about discussing prices.If you get a feel for some of the "good guys" it certainly wouldn't hurt to PM one of them and ask what they thought a fair price would be. I did a lot of research on that forum before I bought my genuine Speedmaster Pro "moon Watch" as well as my X-33. They were a big help to me.

Good luck with your sale.

Arthur

Thank you thats really useful, I appreciate your time. :thumbsupsmileyanim: