When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's the one Rep you think is cool, but would prob never get?

hackR

this thread is not meant to highlight odd/ugly watches - but ones you actually find "intriguing/interesting", but would probably never buy for whatever reason...pls keep that mindset when posting...

for me, it's the Graham Overlord Mark III Limited Edition - green dial... :huh:

there's just something about this watch i find "intriguing"...too pricey to get it just for fun...

enjoy - R

graham20094171001.jpg

There are so many interesting watches that I would never buy/wear.

Ulysse Nardin is that kind of brand. Very interesting and impressive watches but just too different for my conservative tastes.

Unfortunately, the only member that can pull this off out of the house is 'robertk'.

Lani could pull it off! I believe he owns a few Grahams!

I'm like MMA...Love the look of the Concord C1 and been tempted to buy it a few times, but always back off at the lat minute!

I have tried the GEN at the Vegas Torneau........and I didn't really get the "feel"!

Good Topic R-

Brilliant.

I posted a few days ago about 3 watches I really want:

Skyland Avenger

Concord C1

Chaumet Class 1

Now you lot have peed on my bonfire well and truly with this post. 2 of my faves are on the list! I was also considering the Graham Overlord.

Don't think I'll be posting a WTB anytime soon!

Ahhhhh, behold the power of replica..............

Cost wasn't even an issue with this one, I simply didn't like how high the thickness of the caseback set the front of the watch from the wrist when I tried it on. The link positioning, I would liken to wearing a Sub with the bracelet 'inside out'... Awesome in the photos, just not for me when I tried it on :bangin:

Is that possible? Didnt even think of that. Its a great idea, i need to look into this. thnx! :D

It's very possible, as long as you can track down a dial :) Might be worth going with a no-date variant to avoid alignment issues with the datewheel, but I'd definitely recommend it as a project :) As long as you're happy de-casing a movement, and removing and replacing the hands, it's probably a 15 minute (if that) procedure :) The result, a watch which looks every bit as nice as a Submariner (and is still branded as a Submariner), but, as it lacks the R-Word on the dial, it flys completely under the radar B)

I simply didn't like how high the thickness of the caseback set the front of the watch from the wrist when I tried it on.

I know what you mean, my Planet Ocean Chrono is the same way. And I certainly could have offered that model up to this thread, but I do wear it. When I know I won't be between scores of people. I am sheepish of the size of it. Unlike the Aquaracer bracelet (as you describe it here) those Omega gen/rep bracelets? Nize.

I know what you mean, my Planet Ocean Chrono is the same way. And I certainly could have offered that model up to this thread, but I do wear it. When I know I won't be between scores of people. I am sheepish of the size of it. Unlike the Aquaracer bracelet (as you describe it here) those Omega gen/rep bracelets? Nize.

I haven't tried the chrono variant of the Planet Oceans, but I'd definitely say that the Aquaracer sits further from the wrist than a regular Planet Ocean. For me, that was just a watch which I simply wouldn't wear at all, so I just appreciate the photos :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's very possible, as long as you can track down a dial :) Might be worth going with a no-date variant to avoid alignment issues with the datewheel, but I'd definitely recommend it as a project :) As long as you're happy de-casing a movement, and removing and replacing the hands, it's probably a 15 minute (if that) procedure :) The result, a watch which looks every bit as nice as a Submariner (and is still branded as a Submariner), but, as it lacks the R-Word on the dial, it flys completely under the radar B)

That is great news for me. Lately life has come in the way for this hobby off mine but now i feel the urge, you know the neeeed to get that Tudor project going. Thnx alot for the inspiration TeeJay :)

P.s Dont know if it will "fly under the radar" but that Tudor dial will get most ppl to shut up. ;)

I have looked at the Franck Muller "Crazy Hours" time and time agan, but it just never resonated enough to buy one. One reason is I have had several genuine and rep watches in Tonneau Cases, and the rectangular look just isn't for me. I admit, after seeing the Lume job that The Zigmeister did on that Crazy Hours. I'm tempted, but more interesting projects lie ahead.

Arthur