When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa 300T Divestar Vintage

lanikai

According to Dr. Pete' Book, the yellow dial 300T is noted to be the rarest of the different colour dials.. but I am just quoting da book..the prices of the Black Lung speak for the rarity (imo)

The Divestar was produced when Doxa joined the Synchron Group (in 1968, Doxa joined the Synchron Group) many things changed.. the thickness of the case.. logo,.. etc. to me just another chapter in the history of the Doxa Line.. just a short synopsis of ma reading (how'd I do Nanuq~Arthur ??) :lol:

you can do all the reading in the book.. but nothing like actually strapping one on.. the best teacher.. "Experience".. and I'm fortunate to give you these pics of my 300T Divestar..

Hope you enjoy the pictorial..

300T Synchron Divestar

doxa300tdivestar007.jpg

doxa300tdivestar009.jpg

doxa300tdivestar020.jpg

doxa300tdivestar019.jpg

doxa300tdivestar018.jpg

doxa300tdivestar015d.jpg

doxa300tdivestar026.jpg

doxa300tdivestar030.jpg

doxa300tdivestar035.jpg

doxa300tdivestar034.jpg

doxa300tdivestar038.jpg

doxa300tdivestar042.jpg

doxa300tdivestar041.jpg

doxa300tdivestar043.jpg

doxa300tdivestar011.jpg

doxa300tdivestar033.jpg

Thanks for viewing :D

AC

Lani

Wowwwwwwwww Lani!! What a spectacular piece!! I like yours even better than the one in Pete's book, you have the hours hand with the "thin" lume and that just looks better. More balanced. She has just enough wabi to be "loved" and not abused. And your research is spot on.

What a score! Congratulations! I think this just about puts you in Doctor Doxa position on RWG, eh? :tu:

Wow Lani! Just WOW!!! She's a beauty! Congrats!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Can't wait to see the threesome all together! Any plans to put this one on a "Beads of Rice" bracelet? Not saying I don't just love the rubber strap, but there's just something so unique about their bracelets! :wub:

Thank you guy's !!!!

Yeah Red.. gotta take pics of the different generations together as one.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if you come across a beads of rice bracelet give a holla.. this one came on a cheapo Nato style strap.. and this gen Doxa divers strap is from my 600T graph B)

but where's our Doxa Guru's ????? :g:

AC/Lani

edit add:.. oooopppppsss there he be... as soon as I posted this I see Nanuq our doxa elder right above.. :lol:

yuppers B.. when I took it outta the box it went right on my wrist.. the divestar was the start of the bulk that the 300NT didn't have.. the streamline case with the 300T was no longer...still it's a doxa :D

thanks for your unending support B!! :1a:

AC/L

My pleasure, ma brotha. It couldn't have happened for a nicer guy.

There is another very interesting piece on the 'Bay right now... :whistling:

And I've been watching a very nice vintage Beads of Rice bracelet this week, also on the 'Bay, but now it's gone??

:snorkel:

Jesus .. Joseph and Mary.. :cry2:

. ok.. ok.. this is the last one

for this year.. maybe.. ok .. dunno..

ahhh.... gott go B.. gotta.. :tease:

I'll catch the bus for the next couple of months,, sell some reps.. yeah that's it.. that's the tciket 8)

seriously just one moooooore

AC/L :inverted:

And I've been watching a very nice vintage Beads of Rice bracelet this week, also on the 'Bay, but now it's gone??

That's a gorgeous, and well loved vintage searambler with my all time favorite silver dial! Nice find Nanuq! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Lani - you going to go for that one?

Holy crap! That yellow dial is stunning (and I generally stay away from yellow). You are amassing an awesome collection.

Thanks W.. everybody needs some sort of Hobby.. needless to say we've all had mere glimpses of yours :1a:.. I do recall a yellow divers strap.. sometime ago... :g: it's somewhere in my cerebral thought's but I cannot remember..

@Nanuq.. shoot if I had seen that beads of rice... I would of snatched it :clapping:

:lol: .. there will be another some day.. :)

AC/R

Lani,

That's a really ,really nice example of the Divingstars. The Divingstars were indeed the rarest of the lot, as they were produced in very limited numbers. According to Doxa, during the period 1967-mid 70's the order of popularity was 1. Professional (Orange) 2.Sharkhunter (Black) 3. Searambler (Silver) 4. Divingstar (Yellow). The Caribbean (Blue) is a contemporary product and was not in the color scheme back then. Also, the color has changed quite a bit with the divingstars. As you can see from yours as well as mine, the color is more a Mustard Yellow, whereas the modern Divingstars are brighter more Canary Yellow. After The Syncron consortium got into financial trouble, the Doxa brand was sold to Aubrey Freres in 1978.Aubrey Did produce a limited number of Divingstars, but the 300T was dropped and all that were produced were either 600T's or 750T's. Aubrey also offered some models with Quartz movements.

Interestingly, quite a few of the Divingstars were sold to the French Navy (FN). During that era, the FN used a general spec sheet and bought from whomever met the specifications. that is why they had Doxas,Blancpain, Tudors,Rolex, and maybe others as well. The most prized of those are the ones that have the decomissioning papers with the watch, as the watches themselves had no special marking on the caseback, like those from other countries. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy 2 of the FN Divingstars from a watch dealer in France. They were pretty beat up, scratched crystals, bezels almost unreadable, but structurally sound and running strong.Strangly, they both came with Tudor Snoflake hands, which i stupidly had replaced and did not get back!

Here are the before and after photos

Doxadivingstars2a.jpg

And here they are after spa treatments. Far from perfect, but much better.

ds2.jpg

IMG_4831a.jpg

Those 9411 Tudor hands look surprisingly good... :lol:

I was just sitting looking at the dial today and "mustard" is the exact word that came to mind...I will need a servicing soon .. the rotor is sticky although there is more than enough oil in the movement.. needs a full servicing by ZM..

is that a modern bracelet you have on there ?? it looks good,.. maybe I can ping doxa and see if they will sell a bracelet with proof of my Doxa's it would be more comfortable and look better than the rubber strap I have on there now..

thanks for posting your beauties Arthur !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

R