When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Breitling rep

andreww

I wonder if the pushers site lower because of the mod to make the tricompax layout adding thickness to the top.

Either way...I like it a lot.

Funny that you should post this shortly after having the Seinfeld spotting...

I like the OR strap by default too. I have enough leather straps kicking around I can swap in...but no OR. This would be great...especially if it's in the 22mm size so it can fit the other Breitlings rather than the large lug ones only.

I wonder if the pushers site lower because of the mod to make the tricompax layout adding thickness to the top.

Actually I think it has more to do with the fact that the gen uses the thinner ETA2892 movement. The 7750 is thicker, so you've either got to make the case thicker, or put the crown/pushers in the wrong place.

Although this is a nice rep, this is for the most part the best we can expect for future releases. As the major gen manufacturers move away from the workhorse 7750, our reps still rely on it. Rather than replicate movements like the 2892, they have chosen to modify the 7750, so subdial spacing is going to become more of an issue as time goes on. You are never going to see a "Super-Rep" that doesn't use the same base movement as the gen.

I stared at the gen this morning at an AD in my city....very nice watch.

The could have done the sub-dial spacing a bit better (make the sub-dials smaller to imitate the bigger space they need).

I think I will buy this one but I am unsure if i should go for black or bronze dial (the factories learned what black is...unfortunately they still need lessons to learn concerning BRONZE :whistling: )

Cheers mates

Theo

BTW: in the end it all depends on pricing

That subdial issue is just plain silly , why on earth they just didn't make them a bits smaller in diameter is a mystery.

There is no way to make it work if the movement is different from the gen. If you make the subdials smaller, there is too much of a space between the edge of the subdial and the outer edge of the dial. Also, you cant change the position of the date window which tucks in to the bottom of the 6:00 subdial, so that one is already as small as it can go. If you make the other two smaller it would look way off proportionately. It's a jigsaw puzzle, and I think they've done as good of a job as they could given what they had to work with.