When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Preview ~ New DSSD version

lanikai

Before I do the complete review of the Newest version of the DSSD.... I'll post a preview with these lume shots..

since I took them in Hawaii's twilight, and I'll be shooting the rest of the pics tomorrow..

this version is from Joshua and Perfect Clones.

Have a look at the blue lume.. the lume on this version does not start out green and cool to blue.. it is blue from the initial charge.. exposure was under .25 second..

the first shot of the dial was done in lesser lighting.. the close ups were taken in added natural lighting.

dssdreview003.jpg

dssdreview008.jpg

dssdreview011.jpg

full pictorial review coming up next.

AC/Lani

Looking forward to your pictorials, as always mate! :good:

thanks cool.... the ceramic like insert' engraving does look deeper.. I have to pull out my last version though, to compare it... the back Ti is darker than others I've had.. I'll see if I can get it in the most realistic lighting.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/L

thanks cool.... the ceramic like insert' engraving does look deeper.. I have to pull out my last version though, to compare it... the back Ti is darker than others I've had.. I'll see if I can get it in the most realistic lighting.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/L

Going only by your descriptions, makes me wanna pull the trigger on this one too! :p

Lani,

That lume looks great :thumbsupsmileyanim: . Can't wait to get mine. It's on the way, shipped out on 11/26. I will post a lot of photos so between my Eurotimez and your Perfect Clones, folks should be able to see which one suits their fancy the best. Can't wait to see all your photos.

Arthur

Guest techlogik

Very good crisp and aligned print on the dial.

They still got the bezel insert wrong at 10 with all the spacing. All the ultimates have that.

Minor thing though...

Waiting for more photos.

Lume dot borders are too thick, I've seen the better ones on other DSSD dials. The bezel insert is back to the thin style numerals and markers. One step forward and two steps back. Nothing to get excited about with this one, just more disappointment that with all the correct components available, you still have to by two watches to make a decent one.

Guest techlogik

Lume dot boarders are too thick, I've seen the better ones on other DSSD dials. The bezel insert is back to the thin style numerals and markers. One step forward and two steps back. Nothing to get excited about with this one, just more disappointment that with all the correct components available, you still have to by two watches to make a decent one.

Dot boarders a maybe on the slightly thicker side..hard tell though.

The bezel insert, particularly at the 10 not being properly spaced is always a give away |10 | Should be |10|

The best bezel insert at this point is the Eurotimez one...they seem willing to source just the insert..they did it for me and I am waiting delivery.