When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CousinsUK has A7750 available!

chefcook

Would it be a good move to replace the unserviced A7750 in your rep with one of these from Cousins? Instead of getting a service.

What I'm getting at is, would they arrive already oiled up and running like ....er....clockwork :whistling:

That is an interesting question. :g: It would be great if they came clean and lubricated. Any one know?

Just thought some of you may be interested:

Cousins UK - www.cousinsuk.com now offers A7750 3-6-9 and 6-9-12 movements.

Item no:

3-6-9 with seconds @ 9: CH3LZF1M 77.50 GBP

6-9-12 : CH3LZF2M 79.95 GBP

Interesting! Thanks for that. :)

The last time I bought an a7750 hi beat, it was £60 plus shipping, from a CN dealer. So maybe this price isn't too bad.

I like the way Cousins have stepped up to the plate and recognise that there is a growing market for rep watch parts and catering for it.

The pics they give show them without the fine regulator, so maybe they are the hi-beat versions. Although the tricompax one doesnt have the date.

Guest techlogik

I got a couple laying around..one working perfect, barely used, and another the keyless works is hosed up..needs some loving from a person.

Good to see there are parts though..you see people asking every now and then.

I would assume it is the same crap straight from the factory...doubtful they are service/cleaned.

That is an interesting question. :g: It would be great if they came clean and lubricated. Any one know?

I've picked them up at Somal Canada on sale for $100 CDN...and $130 CDN regular price...I think that's about £20 GBP converted? :D

The Zigmeister's experience on working on tonnes of these has been that generally they are not clean nor properly lubed. His experience working on my reps is that they have generally been dirty.

As Andy says, the movements bought from more reputable sources however, may be better than what we get straight from the rep factories, being better oiled and serviced.

To rip and replace when dead or service...the perpetual question. It depends. If you can do datewheel swaps, it's definitely cost beneficial to do the rip and replace at $130 for the movement...and screw servicing.

If you can't do the datewheel swap (which has the requisite skills to do a movement swap)...then it's a different matter as the cost of a new A7750 + labour for a swap works out to the cost of a servicing...so the question becomes whether or not the "new" likely dirty and unlubed movement will last long enough for the swapping labour to be cost effective vs. the servicing.

If you want to have a few around that are RELIABLE and smooth running...then servicing is the route to go.

Guest techlogik

My attitude anyway, any Asian clone, I wouldn't waste one penny servicing it unless it doesn't run/work at all or keep somewhat accurate time.

If you are going to waste $150+ on any asian movement for servicing, might as well find swiss valjoux 7750 and just do a swap.

But, even with the Valjoux's The Zigmeister did a few swaps for me, they weren't in great condition either. They needed some love also and work...some too oily, some with debris. It is the market and where you get them from that matters.