When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Tudor Submariner 9411

redwatch

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a beauty ! Thumbs up ! Especially the dial, its texture, its...breathtaking !

However, question to red watch: for the members whom might be interested in such a project, how much did it actually cost (excluding the countless hours seeking parts, etc)?

congratulation again and wear it well !

Thanks for the comments! Yes, the dial is outstanding, and the Ziggy lume is ridiculous! The vintage tritium look fits the dial and age of the watch so nicely! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As for the cost, I haven't totalled everything up yet, but I would guess in the neighborhood of $2k. Before the gen crown & tube and gen bracelet, I was at around $1300.

Yes, i could have spent a little more and bought a gen, but I would have had to pay for it all at once. This way, I can distribute the cost over several months. Also, when I started out, I didn't plan for finding so many gen parts. I figured I'd get an MBW case, some sort of donor movement, rep bracelet, etc..... I didn't think it would have been possible to find so many great bits for this watch. This was and is going to be my daily beater watch, and I wanted it to be as close to perfect as possible.

@Tribal - thanks! :thumbsupsmileyanim: That means a lot coming from you!

Hey red, glad to see your finished project. I remember you mentioning it and waiting for it anxiously when we last met. It looks great! I also fixed the issues with my 1680 and will post a pictorial soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Anguz! It's definitely love for me :wub:

Should be back on my wrist this week. It's just sitting at the post office (for some reason, the postman will not come to the rear entrance of our office to deliver anything other than an envelope!) I'll have to pick it up on Monday.

What a beautiful story redwatch!

I am really happy for you on completing this Snowflake project :) The patina on the indices and hand set is impeccable. Really love the tone!

Your aged Insert is really amazing with a greenish-hue to it! Hard to accomplish I must say. Did you purchase this insert that way?

Lovin' it and wear your Snowflake in great spirits and health.

Greetz!

Thanks so much Pre V!! I couldn't agree more. Ziggy did a superb job on the Vintage Tritium mix on the re-lume. It's a perfect color and matches up nicely with the acrylic pearl eddog found for the insert.

As for the aged insert, it came that way with the case that I purchased from Marble so it was just ready to go.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Sorry J! Just had to do it! Go for the TJ version with the custom made dial. His turned out really well!

@RM88 - thanks for the kind words! I keep trying to learn some new trick every day, but it seems as though it's an endless adventure! I must say, I do enjoy the painstaking process of taking pictures!

• 1 year later...