When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Class

JoJo35

Found this one recently and had to have it...

For the few other vintage gen enthusiast here, I'm sure you'll appreciate this little gem. 1,13X,XXX serial, putting production somewhere in the summer or early fall of '64. I think this piece must have spent most of its life in a watch box, because the case is superb, with sharp edges, nice thick lugs, and a rare gloss dial that's to die for. 14k throughout, this 1002 is powered by a 1030 that still sparkles like a brand new movement. ;)

Yep, JJ, I missed your signature underline!

I was reading about 1030's being in watches in the early 60's earlier this week, I believe it was the Explorers- cant'remember the ref. #'s - 6650, 6653... I even took notes on my desk pad because I can't remember these early #'s!

Same old Rolex story- they used whatever they had back in the old days...

Another great find, JoJo. I realize it is sacrilege, but, considering the color of the index marker lume, I would be tempted to relume the hands to match. With a formal watch in such pristine condition, I think the darkened hand lume detracts much more than it adds (on a tool watch, the opposite tends to be the case).

Another great find, JoJo. I realize it is sacrilege, but, considering the color of the index marker lume, I would be tempted to relume the hands to match. With a formal watch in such pristine condition, I think the darkened hand lume detracts much more than it adds (on a tool watch, the opposite tends to be the case).

+1

... the lume comes across like a big rusty screw on a factory new Ferrari. This beauty deserves better. :wub: