When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project X replicated!

concepta

The 3135 clones I have seen, do not have Rolex by the balance, and the bearings are different for the rotor. However, what is pictured is not a Gen 3135 either.

I could be wrong, photoshop is amazing. The X on the back of the case looks shopped. $299 seems too cheap for that quality/rarity.

If it is too good to be true, it probably....

(I honestly think Josh, Andrew, and ET would have this if it existed in the wild).

I could also be wrong.

total bull on the X, as it is fitted with a standard 2824 or clone, not the modded 2824/3135 sort of at a distance lookalike, the one below it has the bullshix 3135 clone that would look like a gen 3135 at a distance with binos turned the wrong way round and a bad case of conjunctivitus

I have not seen this rep yet from our dealers. But I would expect that we will see it soon- Josh, Paul or Andrew might be able to get it. I don't know this site- prices are so-so, movement is an asian eta clone marked Rolex 3135- no big deal. Case looks interesting, I don't have a problem w/ the rehaut, the M832118 SN on the case almost harks back to a noob factory SN- just one off of the old 117 last three digits of the old noobs. No crown guards and no date mag are interesting.

These guys also carry the TWBest cases- those are hard to find these days- ProwatchPolo might be another dealer possibility.

That's why I used the shout box about this site, to see if any one could vouche for them cause of the TW best cases, then I discovered the Project X, the rehaut is pure salad bowl, but still, I havnt seen this model offered any where else yet. Doubt they'll use a different case as the prohunters seemed wokky too.

I emailed Henry (the site owner/op) prompt courteous reply, says they do QC and will even photograph each watch for you before they ship it out, much like ET, and you can follow your order status on twitter. they sound legit, and even offer misc parts for reps.

they even have the bamford and sons edition sub.

what do you guys make of their TW DeepSea?

Just remember guys if the dealer is a scammer, he is going to offer you all sorts of guarantees to hook you, then BAM you get some sorry POS watch and he's nowhere to be found. One thing to post photos on a website, another to deliver! Second caveart we all should live by "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

Just my Dos Centavos

Arthur

Guest techlogik

what failed on the movement techlogik?

I took the stem out...I don't recall pushing the release that far, just barely with the proper screw driver, and pulled the stem out.

Then took the movement out, cleaned under the crystal etc..

When I went to put the stem back in, it slid right back in. Ok..the release seemed stuck.

So I pull the dial/hands off, get into the keyless works, and partially disassemble, but it will never catch and wind, turn date/hour/minute hands nothing.

Something was messed up from the beginning when I first took it out of the wrapper. When I tried to set the date, the minute hand would catch on the mechanism and rotate backwards randomly. Then after setting the time and pushing the stem back in, the date wheel would jump upward partially making it not aligned in the window.

So I would then set the date again and adjust it in the window centered. It would always flip over on the date no problem, just switching back from time set mode to wind it would jump. That and the hand would catch and turn when changing the date made me believe something was screwed with this thing from the beginning.

Then, the stem/release issue and who knows what is wrong with this thing now.

Also, there is a gear that is held in place by the keyless works cover, can't figure out what it does, ther is nothing it sits on? Like a pinion? Just free sitting there?1?!

Here is a photo from the keyless works thread....it is the wheel on the left...have no idea how it is supposed to sit there...maybe a pinion fell out or was never there?!?!

So, it is toast..I have a 2824 ordered from Ofrei on the way, just going to swap it for Swiss...the new 3135 are garbage like most asian ETA copies IMO....I actually got the DSSD because the caseback is correct amongst other good stuff, and was going to swap the bezel insert for a franken...oh well....such is life.

Who knows if I removed the stem and never touched it if it would have melted down..could have been my fault entirely, not sure.

datesetting.jpg

There is a gear that is held in place by the keyless works cover, can't figure out what it does, ther is nothing it sits on? Like a pinion? Just free sitting there?1?!

That movement is a 2836-2 clone, so that gear is the double corrector who moves the day corrector to quickset weekday feature. It is uselles it that movement because they dismantled the weekday feature.

I think I have the same problem on my SSD clone 3135. Took out the stem and shaved the crown guards. And now the stem will not re engage :( have I [censored] it up?

Is this problem that a watchmaker can fix or am I going to have to get a new movement?

Guest techlogik

I think I have the same problem on my SSD clone 3135. Took out the stem and shaved the crown guards. And now the stem will not re engage :( have I [censored] it up?

Is this problem that a watchmaker can fix or am I going to have to get a new movement?

Rex over on RG had bought one with a 3135 just to see the movement. The keyless works was stuffed up from the beginning with missing screws and stuff...he had to fix it to get it working correctly.

I am probably going to send him my 3135 see if he can fix it for kicks and giggles.

The 3135 are real pieces of sh&t....stay away...get Swiss....

I have bought from this dealer before and he has always been excellent.

Not an endorsement though.

Anyone else have any experience with this dealer? I also know there are Bamford and Sons reps out there also which our dealers don't carry. First time I saw one I was like "where the heck did that come from". They are out there for those interested. Someone tell our dealers to stop wasting our time with stuff like this http://www.perfect-hour.com/rdjmr00102-royal-black-rgdiam-bezelinksru-swiss-2836-p-8016.html and get on the bandwagon with stuff we all like, like project X. And I'm not bashing Josh this just happened to be the first fugly watch I came across. I was hoping he would have the Project X posted by now.