When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Case for a Tudor Sub 9411 ?

panerai153

I'm thinking about building a Tudor Sub probably a blue dial/bezel insert Tudor 9411 or similar. I have a MBW 1680 that I could use as a donor case. also have a slow beat 2846 movement.

Would this case be appropriate for this project? also anyone have and idea as to where I could find a correct caseback for a Tudor? Also is the slow beat correct for this watch project?

Any help appreciated,

thanks

Arthur

HI Arthur, wish I could help, but I got my case from another member, and no one can figure out where it originated from. It's quite a mystery!

I don't believe an MBW 1680 case will work for it, but it might. Most of the frankens used an MBW 5513 "Original Polex Design" case.

Original MBW 1680's are actually 5513 Original Polex Design cases w/ L serials- copied from the last of the 5513's built in the late 80's, I guess.

So either case should work- both take the 2836-2. If you're using an older movement, then it might not work- 2784, or whatever...

I was planning on using either a 2836 or 2824 movement. yuki hadials and hands that fit the 2824 so that is probably what i will use.

I suspected the MBW 1680 would work. ihave a original polex design 5513, but I want to keep it as a Rolex sub, so I'm on a quesat for another 5513 MBW case.

Thanks for the info guys. Greatly appreciated.

Arthur

the MBK 1680 case is perfect.. you need to source a gen. Tropics 116edit-tropic 125 acrylic crystal (although Clarks does make the T116 edit- tropic 125, and it is quite good) the Tropics 127 for the 1680, it's date window placement will not work for the 9411.. the gen 116 edit- T125 appears on the bay now and again.. 100 usd would be a good price.. I wouldn't worry about the case back.. I just have the stock MBK 1680.. but if you ever source a gen 1680 bezel.. it would make a huge difference in the over all look imo.. the MBK tension ring will not fit the bezel though.. a fraction too small.

The eta 2784 would work I believe.. these are inexpensive on Ofrei .. around 50 usd I believe.. I stand to be corrected on that one.. but last I remember it was very inexpensive.. the date wheel needs to be silver though... the 2836 would not have the proper date wheel placement.. again I believe this is the case with the 2836 as the 9411 date window is much farther to the right of the dial than the 2836 would allow.

You really need to email Ubi, there was an issue with the movement spacer and he assisted with the final build of my Ubifranken 9411. Yukis dial has the proper feet I believe no modding needed .. I am assuming it is as all their dials with the gen feet placement.

I have a gen Tudor crown on this 9411, although I don't have pics on this computer right now.. it does add a nice touch to the piece.

this is a pic of the MBK bezel with a genuine insert, the bracelet is a gen oyster

the dial is NOS genuine, minty white and the lume is totally flat., the hands are gen from the service center... gen Tropic 116,gen crown.

snowflake026.jpg

I sourced a genuine 1680 bezel in this pic.

ubifranken004.jpg

the date wheel is silver

snowflake039.jpg

Hope that helps you Arthur..in lew of Ubi's absence..

I have to look to see if I have a spare date wheel.. dunno if I do or not.. it does not appear silver in the pics but it is.

AC

R

Lani,

your watch looks fantastic!!

I had a genuine Tudor sub several years ago, bought it from the original owner who was and old watchmaker/scuba diver iin Australia. Wonderful watch, but Stupid me, i wanted something different and sold it. Regretted that sale almost from the monent i committed to sell.

Thanks a lot for the help. any help is certainly appreciated. i would really like to get this one as close to genuine as possible within reason. yuki sells a dial hands combo that is correct for a 2824 movement (feet placement) . I'm going to try to build a blue dial /bezel .model. If you come across the date wheeel, that would really help me out.

I'm going to give Ubi a shout and ask him for some help with some of the technical questions.

thanks again

Arthur

YOu can use the 2783 and the 2784 in the MBW case. The date wheel placement is also the same. The dial feet are in the same locations but are of different sizes (feet diameter). Also note that if you are building a 9411, a white date wheel is also correct. Majority of the 9411's came with a white date wheel, not a silver date wheel. The 2784 movement used in the 9411 is a high beat movement and is the precursor to the 2824. If using a 2783, it is a 21600 bph movement which is too slow for the 9411 but will work. If you had to choose between the 2783 and the 2824, go with the 2824 for beat accuracy.